Notices

Old 12-08-2008, 04:11 PM   #1
SonyFan
Words Are Truth!
SonyFan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Have now received my PRS-700!

Hello, All,

At long last, (since waiting from around September, to get a reader), I have now received my PRS-700 from the States.

Authorized, and with my free 100 E-books awaiting, I am currently charging it - it was flat on receipt.

I have already transferred my reading list of about 70 (!) books over, which I had built up by downloading the Sony software about a month ago.

So, hopefully soon, I may get to use it!

More comments when I do,

Regards,
SonyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:52 AM   #2
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
Enjoy it! I love using my 700 and have it loaded with a couple thousand books between the main memory and a MemoryStick Pro Duo. Still has fast page turns (my 500 would choke on page turns and setting/removing bookmarks when I used a memory card) and fits my hand very comfortably. I'm reading between 45 and 60 minutes on it every day.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2008, 07:37 AM   #3
Lisag
Lisag began at the beginning.

Device: PS 700
How are you finding the PRS 700?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyFan View Post
Hello, All,

At long last, (since waiting from around September, to get a reader), I have now received my PRS-700 from the States.

Authorized, and with my free 100 E-books awaiting, I am currently charging it - it was flat on receipt.

I have already transferred my reading list of about 70 (!) books over, which I had built up by downloading the Sony software about a month ago.

So, hopefully soon, I may get to use it!

More comments when I do,

Regards,
How are you finding the PRS 700? Am thinking of buying one for my partner. Am also based in UK so would be grateful for you views on buying from B & H Thanks
Lisag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
SonyFan
Words Are Truth!
SonyFan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Hello - apologies for not replying sooner.

Firstly, I am very pleasd with my PRS-700, and I believe I made the correct choice in not going for the PRS-505.

The Buying process from B+H should have been straightforward, but I wanted it sent to my business address, which precluded me from buying on-line. I used 'Live-Talk', and they said that I could do this as a 'Telephone Order', but when I called the special, FREE line, in London, that they had given me, the B+H rep. would not take the order - So when I returned home, I had to spend quite some time e-mailing, and waiting for replies, to be told that the guy I had spoken to on the phone, had given me incorrect info.

Literally, a couple of hours later, and many E-mails back and forth, I had placed my order, and paid.

From then on, they were brilliant - The reader arrived in England two days later, but after more problems with UPS, I finally paid my £47.00 to the government (Tax and UPS cost for doing the governments work) and that was Friday. So, it finally got delivered on the Monday.

Not important, really, but what should have been a perfectly easy transaction, took some time, and of course effort on my part.

But, I really am very pleased with my purchase.

This is the Future!

Regards,
SonyFan is offline   Reply With Quote