Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-26-2011, 07:09 PM   #1
BMaloney
Connoisseur
BMaloney doesn't litterBMaloney doesn't litter

Device: PRS-650
Modifying date of publication: can I display the year only?

Hello. I am slowly entering my exponentially expanding collection of digital material into calibre. I am also a stickler for detail, so I'm trying to get the metadata of my library as complete and correct as possible.

The "published" column in the GUI main window allows you to enter years as far back as you like (Hobbes, T. published 1651), but it obliges you to include a month. Can that be changed?

The more of other info I can see, the better; so I'd like to remove this unnecessary detail. (Besides, the info is usually false - not knowing, I choose January.) But I'd like to keep the year. Is that possible?

I'm a newbie, I guess, but I'm willing to give some "programming" a try, if it's required...

Thanks for your time.
BMaloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->Tweaks
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur
JayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
I was just asking this same thing the other day and Kovid sorted it...

See this post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118054

Jay
JayLaFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:09 AM   #4
BMaloney
Connoisseur
BMaloney doesn't litterBMaloney doesn't litter

Device: PRS-650
A month late is better than never, I hope. Thanks for the tip, guys.

The more I use calibre, the more I am really impressed by it. So much personalization and control over the content. I recommend it to everyone.

Thanks again!
BMaloney is offline   Reply With Quote