Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-02-2007, 10:06 PM   #1
Chai_kovsky
Chai_kovsky began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
RTF formatting problems

Being a n00b in the world of formatting for Reader (and also unable to attempt any script editors being the owner of a Mac), I noticed a mildly irksome phenomenon: if I download Gutenberg files, regardless of whether they're .rtf or .txt, I get lines with only one word on them, as if the file had attempted to justify the line using spacebar. It occurs regardless of size, font, or justification.

I have access to Adobe Acrobat, if need be, so that it can be properly formatted, but I don't really know how to use that either. I am one of those early-adopting consumers who simply doesn't know how to do more than simple file things. Have other people seen this formatting problem, and if so, how did you fix it?
Chai_kovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:41 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, Chai_kovsky. You're not alone, several others have reported the same issue (if you search the forum for 'Gutenberg' you'll probably turn it up pretty handily, but in a nutshell, you're hitting excess hard page returns. There are a couple of word macro threads around that deal with cleaning these up.

Another option, if you're open to LRF files, is downloading the same files in Sony (LRF) format from manybooks.net. I've read one or two that way, and been quite pleased with them.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote