Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 09-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #1
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
search results and MR

I recently did a search on author Sushmita Banerjee, after reading about her murder and posting about it to MR. I was surprised to see that the post which I had written 15 minutes earlier was listed in Google search as being written 5 hours ago. More importantly, rather than using the text of the post in the reference, they used the profile description that appears to the left of all of our posts.

Is it a setting issue?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I recently did a search on author Sushmita Banerjee, after reading about her murder and posting about it to MR. I was surprised to see that the post which I had written 15 minutes earlier was listed in Google search as being written 5 hours ago. More importantly, rather than using the text of the post in the reference, they used the profile description that appears to the left of all of our posts.

Is it a setting issue?
I see the below when doing a search. As you can see they are currently using the text of the post, as is the standard that I see when searching for mobileread posts on Google. Why it showed you different is anyone's guess.

Now why it shows a 5 hour difference (as it still does) I don't know.

Quote:
Sushmita Banerjee, Indian writer who defied the Taliban, killed in ...

www.mobileread.comMobileRead ForumsE-Book GeneralNews
21 hours ago - 1 post - ‎1 author
Banerjee's death is the latest in a series of violent acts against outspoken women by the Taliban, echoing the attempted murder of Malala ...
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:09 AM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The 5 hour difference is likely a problem with the time zone.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:34 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Yeah, it's probably the difference between your time zone and this board's default time zone (GMT-5 Eastern).

That said, our forum lacks any support of structured data or "microdata" that Google and other search engine can use as structural hints to create rich snippets in their search results. This will change when we upgrade our forum to a new software.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #5
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
For what it's worth, here's a screenshot of what my own MobileRead/Google search just turned up:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MR Google search results for Sushmita Banerjee.PNG
Views:	309
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	110970  
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote