Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 06-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
New Vox in the fall?

I was at Indigo today to exchange my Vox (battery issues) and wound up asking for an outright refund: the rep told me they had just had a big meeting at every store to warn them that a new Vox was coming in the fall. Between that and the new Google tablet, it makes sense to wait another month or so.

So, does anyone know anything else? I wonder what Vox, mark 2 will be like?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Kobo normally keeps device news as quiet as they possibly can. It would make sense for one to be released for the holiday season, but talking about it to run-of-the-mill Chapters-Indigo staff just seems peculiar.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Just to start another rumour, my daughter was in a Chapters the other day asking about the Vox and was told they don't carry them anymore because of too many problems. I wouldn't believe much of what any salesman (or politician) says.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
Just to start another rumour, my daughter was in a Chapters the other day asking about the Vox and was told they don't carry them anymore because of too many problems. I wouldn't believe much of what any salesman (or politician) says.
I think most problems are due to the fact that most dont stop to read the instructions. Most of us (guys that is) and the ones that do sometimes the instructions assume the reader knows 100 percent what they mean and are talking about. FWIW its just my observation.

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
You're right about reading the instructions. RTFM cures most problems. That's why devices for dummies from Apple are so successful.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #6
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
As much as I would like to see a new Vox, I will believe it when I see it

iOS app does everything the Vox does and more, once the Android app gets the same treatment then the Vox is not needed anymore

IMO, Kobo care to much about the iOS/Android app users, these must be where the money is.
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:36 AM   #7
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
As much as I would like to see a new Vox, I will believe it when I see it
Several of the articles I've read about the forthcoming launch of Kobo in Japan (now under two days away) have noted that they're launching with the Kobo Touch, but that they'll be launching a new tablet in Japan before too long. It only makes sense that the tech-crazy Japanese would find the Vox a little underwhelming, and from day one Rakuten (Kobo's new owners) have stated that they bought Kobo because they needed a tablet play.

All official signals indicate a new Kobo tablet is definitely coming, and I very much doubt it'll be for Japan only.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:24 AM   #8
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Rakuten is the Amazon of that part of the world. I'm betting that a new tablet is coming and that it will be an eco-system like that for customers in that part of the world. We'll see benefits in the new tablet as well.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #9
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Rakuten is the Amazon of that part of the world. I'm betting that a new tablet is coming and that it will be an eco-system like that for customers in that part of the world. We'll see benefits in the new tablet as well.
Rakuten seems more like the "eBay of Japan" than the "Amazon of Japan" to me, though I've heard them called both and I guess they're somewhere in the middle of the two, in truth.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote