Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-22-2010, 06:14 PM   #1
xavier
Edge User

Wow, what is it? Is it an Ipad!!! No, it is an EDGE!!!

How people react when they see you use your EDGE?
For me, I am now used to use it in university but nobody knows the EDGE or just one person! Every person that see me with the EDGE say first it is an IPAD? And everytime I answer:"No it is an Edge".
"Apple marketing works very well even if it is not Apple product and also because people are not really aware about different existing products". Even the IT department of my NY University didn't know the EDGE at all!
So Any time, I make a demonstration for curious people "you can do this and that! It is on android, the e-reader is penable...." and at the end they said: "it is so cool what amazing possibilities!!!"

So for you what happens when people see you with your Edge?

Ps: Do you think that I could have discount for the promotion that I realize for free around me

Old 04-22-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
dcubed2
Edge User

I just demoed (sorta) my eDGe for a writer friend yesterday. She's very interested in trying one for use by authors and thinks it'll be a very good tool. She was telling me the other writers were very disappointed in the iPad as a tool for their work.

I am not terribly good with the annotation tools, unfortunately, but the general idea came through.

Advert
Old 04-22-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
10tklz
Edge User

I get this all the time! I saw a girl at my university with an iPad and we traded devices for a few minutes. I poked at the over-shiny screen (meh, it's a pretty toy) and was done with it. I had to wait some time before she finished playing with my EDGE! Afterwords she said she wished she had heard of it before she payed more than $700.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:39 AM   #4
rongoms
Edge User

I agree whit 10T
That seems to be the reaction here in Seattle as well..people initially think it's an iPad, then after seeing it for a few minutes, they wonder what the heck Apple was thinking and ask where they can get an eDGe.
A side note: there are TONS of iPads on Seattle-CraigsList.....at retail price or less.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:53 AM   #5
maren
Edge User

Yeah, I tried an ipad last week at Best Buy and did not see one reason to buy it (beautiful as it is.) After a little looking, I did decide to order the eDGe and can not wait to get my hands on it! I love my kindle, but wish it could do more--think I'll hand it down to my husband and just borrow it back sometimes.o_0

Advert
Old 04-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #6
Steed
Edge User

I get a simular reaction in Ohio. I do get tired of people asking if it is an iPad. My reaction is always no this is way better than an ipad. I am doing my best to get the word out about the eDGe. I think it is sad that not more people know about the eDGe. I hope eDGe starts advertising more to get the word out in more ways than WOM and tech junky websites. This technology needs to be shared with all.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:04 AM   #7
StevenP
Edge User

I get the same question form people at work, "Is that an IPad?" I do a demo for them and they are always impressed.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #8
VenturingSoul
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
enTourage is working on getting the eDGe into the major retail chains this summer or so. It'll be interesting to see what effect that has on sales numbers...
I honestly don't think that enTourage could handle the mass market yet. They have a very skimpy book store, cannot get/keep accessories in stock, just a few weeks back had more orders than units. Imagine if all the hype that went into the iPad would find its way to the eDGe. The backlog would likely kill the company/product before it could get off the ground.
I'd sure like to see more sales (maybe that would lead to faster/better development) but I want the company to survive too.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #9
kenjennings
Edge User

"Is That an iPad?"

The Answer of The Day: "It's just like an iPad, but with more cowbell."

Old 04-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #10
xavier
Edge User

I enjoy this position of dynamic outsider. People are just focus on ipad and they don't know other device as we pad or edge. It is interesting to see many creative start up like Entourage. Now, we just need to waiting for the evolution of the market.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:33 AM   #11
alefor
Edge User

Comparisons between the iPad and the eDGe while seemingy natural, are in my opinion, misguided. The two devices are quite different to me (just to be clear, I have two eDGe units, an ipad, two windows tablet PCs, a net book, a Mac laptop, and three Mac desktops). The iPad is great for consuming content, and its hard to beat the content available on iTunes. On the other hand, the eDGe is terrific for getting work done... Marking up PDFs etc, as well a reading, although the available offerings are not that wide ranging. I am hopeful that we will see an exponential growth in available content for the eDGe.

Old 04-24-2010, 05:26 AM   #12
Kynareth
Edge User

Almost every person who sees it say "is it an Ipad?" and I reply them "no, it's Entourage eDGe".
Everyone heart about Ipad and noone heart about eDGe...
After I demonstrate it they say it's an excellent device and they are suprised why they didn't hear about it. But some people say they prefer normal books, piece of paper and a pen, it's a strange gadget etc.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #13
MadJakkle
Edge User

I get the comment "whats that?" followed by the observer running off to bring his co-workers to have a look, all are impressed. Come on EE, this device needs to come to the UK, people are gagging for it and that includes people who have forked out $429 for the Kindle DX, who now want this . I tend to deal with the technical IT market over here and most people have ebook archives of security manuals, business related ebooks and white papers, all of which work fantastically on this device. It's great to use when i'm in a server room configuring a new solution as a quick reference point.

Old 04-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #14
guyjack
Edge User

Yeah!!! I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjennings View Post
"Is That an iPad?"

Old 04-26-2010, 01:53 PM   #15
nwtbajan
Edge User

Cool Best quote ever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjennings View Post
"Is That an iPad?"

Fantastic! Now I am even more impatient to get mine. It will hopefully be here today or tomorrow so I can rock out on the "cowbell"