Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 05-10-2012, 07:04 AM   #16
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
I uninstalled Java and reinstalled with the latest version 7.

Code:
Calibre2opds startup
====================
'
[INFO]  Trying to locate Java on this system
[INFO]  ====================================
[INFO] Java location not found via JAVA_HOME environment variable
[INFO] Java not found in default 32-bit JRE6 location
[INFO] Java not found in default 32-bit JRE7 location
[INFO] Java not found in default 64-bit JRE6 location
[INFO] Java found at default 64-bit JRE7 location [C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\j
re7]
'
"-----------------------"
" Calibre2Opds STARTING "
'
\Java\jre7\bin\JAVAW.EXE"" was unexpected at this time.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2Opds>
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #17
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
OK - looking at that I can see where it is failing. I can see it is going down a path that is specific to the case where you are using 64-bit Java and do not have the JAVA_HOME environment variable set. I suspect it is a quoting problem somewhere (although I cannot yet see why!). It is also not clear why others running 64-bit Java on Windows are not seeing the same problem (unless they are and have not yet reported it). The strange thing is I did not think that specific path had changed from the 3.0 release although it must have I guess.

My suggestion is that as a temporary fix you insert lines at the top of the rungui.cmd file that read
Code:
START "Calibre2Opds" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6" -Xms128m -Xmx512m -cp OpdsOutput-3.1-SNAPSHOT.jar Gui
exit
That will supersed the rest of the file that tries to derive the correct parameters for your system by hard-coding them.

I will see if I can pin down the problem, and then give you an updated rungui.cmd file so you can check I have got the fix right for future releases. I do not have a 64-bit sytem of my own so have to rely on others reporting and testing issues that they throw up.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2012, 08:19 AM   #18
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think I may have tracked down the problem! It appears to be an interaction between uses of quotes and braces in particular combinations.

If I am correct the attached rungui.cmd file will rectify the problem. Extract it from the ZIP overwriting your current rungui.cmd file (you may want to back the existing file up first). Please let me know if it does fix the problem as if so I need to add this file to the available downloads.
Attached Files
File Type: zip rungui.zip (2.0 KB, 289 views)
Old 05-10-2012, 08:35 AM   #19
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

I'll try it tonight when I get home. I am running the 32 bit java in a 64 bit OS.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #20
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
I'll try it tonight when I get home. I am running the 32 bit java in a 64 bit OS.
You are correct - I was inverting the meaning of the "Program Files (x86)" in my mind!
Advert
Old 05-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #21
edbro
Banned

Okay I'm getting a different error with the new rungui.cmd you provided. I get an popup error box stating "Windows can not find C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\' Make sure you type the name correctly, and then try again."

The command window has the same error statement.
Code:
'
[INFO]  Trying to locate Java on this system
[INFO]  ====================================
[INFO] Java location not found via JAVA_HOME environment variable
[INFO] Java not found in default 32-bit JRE6 location
'got' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
[INFO] Java found at 32-bit JRE7 location [C:\Program Files\Java\jre7]
'
" Calibre2Opds STARTING "
'
'
[INFO]  START "Calibre2Opds" "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\" -Xms128m -Xmx512
 -cp OpdsOutput-3.1-SNAPSHOT.jar Gui
'
The system cannot find the file C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\.
'
" Calibre2Opds FINISHED "
'
Again, I do not have the 64 bit java installed. I don't know why it is complaining that it can't find java in the 64bit directory (\Program Files). I do have the 32 bit java and it is is (\Program Files (x86))
Old 05-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #22
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Line 50 of the batch file
Code:
if not exist "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre7\bin\%JAVAPROG%" got not_jre7_32
should be
Code:
if not exist "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre7\bin\%JAVAPROG%" goto not_jre7_32
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #23
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You could use the PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE variable to see if this is 64 bit or 32 bit OS; AMD64 or IX86.

The comments output by the batch file are a bit misleading...

On a 64 bit Windows, 32 bit Java is in %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\ and 64 bit Java in %ProgramFiles%\Java\

I will check a 32 bit machine later.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #24
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Line 50 of the batch file
Code:
if not exist "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre7\bin\%JAVAPROG%" got not_jre7_32
should be
Code:
if not exist "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre7\bin\%JAVAPROG%" goto not_jre7_32
You are correct - not sure how that got past the test I ran!

As it happens that error forced you down a path that had another error (a mispelt variable name)! Strange how there can be this many errors in code that is used every day! That is a problem with trying to simulate test cases on a system that is not identical to the real target system.

Anyway - here is yet another revised rungui.cmd file that I hope will work this time! Sorry about all these problems but I am grateful to you for helping me work on solving them.

As an aside have you by any chance tried that hard-coded line I suggested as a workaround that should work on your system?
Attached Files
File Type: zip rungui.zip (2.1 KB, 322 views)
Old 05-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #25
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
You could use the PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE variable to see if this is 64 bit or 32 bit OS; AMD64 or IX86.

The comments output by the batch file are a bit misleading...

On a 64 bit Windows, 32 bit Java is in %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\ and 64 bit Java in %ProgramFiles%\Java\
The comments should be correct now! The previous version of the batch file would have worked on a 32-bit machine with 32-bit Java or a 64-bit machine with 64-bit Java. The errors are on the paths where it is 32-bit Java on a 64-bit machine. As I do not have a 64-bit machine this is not something I can test directly so have been trying to simulate.

Your idea of using the PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE variable is interesting. I will have to see how it varies across different environments to see if it is actually useful in this particular case. If nothing else I think it might be a good idea for the comments output by the rungui.cmd file to give its value for any future trouble-shooting.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #26
edbro
Banned

Bingo! the last one works great. Thank you for revising.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #27
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
Bingo! the last one works great. Thank you for revising.
Great. I will add it to the list of files that can be downloaded to avoid others encountering this issue.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:05 PM   #28
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Please make one more change....

Don't use %ProgramFiles% (x86)

The actual environment variable is %ProgramFiles(x86)%
Old 12-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #29
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Quick question re small problem

Hi, I have been using the C2OPDS quite successfully for several months (v3 build 151). I have run into a new problem that I haven't been able to solve and wanted to see if anyone can spot my mistake.

I originally set up the catalog to download epub books on my ipad. Now I have a kindle and wanted to add azw3 books into the catalog. I have tried combinations on the "adv customization options" page in the "formats included" box. Using the help feature, it says to separate the formats using commas. I have tried the following:
"EPUB, AZW3"
"EPUB,AZW3"

with neither developing a catalog with an option to download the azw3 format. Only the epub format link is included.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:45 AM   #30
itimpi
Wizard

You are limited to the list currently built into the program and that does not currently include AZW3. The supported list is given in the online manual.

The 3.2 release is intended to provide new options in this area.