Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool personal doc tag

When converting to .mobi for use on a Kindle what are the ramifications of changing the 'personal doc' tag from the default of [PDOC] to [EBOK]. What are the ramifications of removing the tag and leaving the field blank? Are these the same for use on a Kindle Fire?

Old 12-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
TuxGirl
Groupie
TuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the husk

Device: kindle
for the fire, removing the tag makes it show up under books instead of under docs. that's the only effect i've seen so far.
Advert
Old 12-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool personal doc tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxGirl View Post
for the fire, removing the tag makes it show up under books instead of under docs. that's the only effect i've seen so far.
For the Fire I had my daughter (via a skype chat) drag them to the Books folder on the Fire and they all showed up immediately upon disconnecting the USB connection. I had converted them with an [EBOK] tag instead of the default [PDOC]. So I'm trying to find out what effect it will have by me setting the Calibre preferences on MOBI output to [EBOK] for all my MOBI conversions. I have a Kindle Keyboard, not a Fire.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:37 AM   #4
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool personal doc tag

This thread has been moved to Calibre conversion sub-forum by the OP (me)
Closed Thread