Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-06-2007, 08:52 AM   #16
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs
Maybe you could help Tribble by writing another 2-liner one that moves Settings and Profiles to the end of the Device Manager?
Where is the information of entries' arrangement stored?
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:27 AM   #17
mtas
Enthusiast
mtas doesn't littermtas doesn't litter

Device: iLiad
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos
Where is the information of entries' arrangement stored?
It looks like you can find it under "/usr/share/contentlister/mode/en/" for English. In this dir you have the following directories:
1_setup/
2_profiles/
3_reference/
4_recentdocs/
a_CF/
b_MMC/
c_USB/
d_main/

Where each directory containing a manifest.xml and an icon.

So, it seems to be quite simple to change the order in which the items are listed.
mtas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:10 PM   #18
Matthijs
Groupie
Matthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enough

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, DR800SG
Indeed, they are sorted on directory name. Be sure to change it either for all languages, or only the current one:
Code:
lang=`grep "language" /var/er_registry.txt |cut -d'=' -f 2 |cut -d'_' -f 1`
Oh and you should probably access it via the /var/mode/ symlink

Last edited by Matthijs; 02-06-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:13 PM   #19
splat
Zealot
splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
That is not possible.
While it may not be possible with a sript, what would the possability of you guys (iRex) adding it as an OS feature.

One think I liked about the librie is there were a number of ways to change the page. two buttons on the left side, two buttons on the bottom and a scroll wheel.

The biggest problem I find with the iLiad is that there is only one way to change the page and after a while it can get tiresome, or you just want to hold the page in your right hand.

What I would like to see would be perhaps an onscreen icon (when in book mode) that would toggle the hard buttons (category and arrows) so that they would act as a page back page forward.

This would allow for more comfort when using the device for extended periods and also extend the life of the page turn bar.

Hoepfully some food for thought
splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:16 PM   #20
harpum
Enthusiast
harpum began at the beginning.

Device: Axim 51v/LG chocolate
Thanks alot.
I tried to find best crop size for iliad using latex program.
So I did check it for a long time.
Thanks again. I am very happy.
harpum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:16 AM   #21
mtas
Enthusiast

Quote:
Maybe you could help Tribble by writing another 2-liner one that moves Settings and Profiles to the end of the Device Manager?
Well, it's not a 2-liner but in this zip file there is two scripts that can be used for reorganising the listing in Device Manager.

Unzip the file, copy the directory reorganise_main_menu to the iLiad and select Reorganise Main Menu in the Content Lister. This will change the order of the entries in Device Manager from Setup, Profiles, Reference, Recent Docs, CF, MMC, USB, Main Memory to Recent Docs, CF, Main Memory, MMC, USB, Reference, Setup ,Profiles.

To restore to the original order select Restore Original Main Menu in the Content Lister.
Attached Files
File Type: zip reorganise_main_menu.zip (3.1 KB, 331 views)
Old 02-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #22
Orion
Orion began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad
@yokos
I hope you don't mind, that I modified your scripts a bit to link to "Recent Documents" folder instead.

By the way, great job on the script and thanks for sharing with us

As with yokos scripts, all 4 buttons are included here too.
Attached Files
File Type: zip link_buttons_2_RecentDocuments.zip (15.3 KB, 301 views)
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:06 PM   #23
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtas
Well, it's not a 2-liner but in this zip file there is two scripts that can be used for reorganising the listing in Device Manager.

Unzip the file, copy the directory reorganise_main_menu to the iLiad and select Reorganise Main Menu in the Content Lister. This will change the order of the entries in Device Manager from Setup, Profiles, Reference, Recent Docs, CF, MMC, USB, Main Memory to Recent Docs, CF, Main Memory, MMC, USB, Reference, Setup ,Profiles.

To restore to the original order select Restore Original Main Menu in the Content Lister.
THANK YOU, mtas!
Hey Matthijs, if it is that easy, why isnt it already available as an option on the iLiad?
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:22 AM   #24
vranghel
Addict
vranghel began at the beginning.

Device: Proud Iliad owner
Quote:
All-in-one-Package with Contentlister GUI.
Script recognizes the directory [on MMC, CF, USB] - in root or subfolder - you want to link to. All 4 buttons are included.

contents of readme.txt in zip-file:
Another great release by yokos!

Thanks man! I just realized that this would be useful.
vranghel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:20 AM   #25
mtas
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
THANK YOU, mtas!
Hey Matthijs, if it is that easy, why isnt it already available as an option on the iLiad?
You're welcome, I'll try to make the script a little more flexible. Right now it's too easy to mess it up if you try to change it.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:32 AM   #26
raevyn1
Connoisseur
raevyn1 doesn't litterraevyn1 doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, Sony Reader, Treo 755p, Palm T|X
Thank you, Antartica, yokos, and mtas! Such seemingly simple changes make the iLiad that much more user friendly. Hope these changes will be incorporated into 2.9. I'd hate to lose 'em.
raevyn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:43 AM   #27
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

"reorganise_main_menu" script for 4 Languages

Thank you, mtas. This is working.
Your script was written for the English iLiad menu, so I changed the line "DIR=/usr/share/contentlister/mode/en" to get support for German [de], Nederlands [nl], & simplified Chinese [zh].

[EDIT I] @orion: Cool, I just forgot the "Recent Documents".
[EDIT II] Attached script is now obsolete, because mtas has updated the script.
Attached Files
File Type: zip reorganise_main_menu_endenlzh.zip (11.6 KB, 284 views)

Last edited by yokos; 02-09-2007 at 06:04 AM. Reason: obsolete script
Old 02-08-2007, 09:23 AM   #28
mtas
Enthusiast

Quote:
Your script was written for the English iLiad menu, so I changed the line "DIR=/usr/share/contentlister/mode/en" to get support for German [de], Nederlands [nl], & simplified Chinese [zh].

@orion: Cool, I just forgot the "Recent Documents".
You're welcome, regarding the language issue I'm working on a language agnostic version with a separate configuration file where the order of the items can be defined. The earlier one is really a bit too risky, too easy to mess something up if you try to edit it.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:03 AM   #29
mtas
Enthusiast

Quote:
Here's a new and safer version of the script. This one checks what language that is used and uses a config file (new_order.txt) where the desired menu order can be defined.

Also, it adds some sanity checks such as verifying that all menu entries are defined in the config file. If the sanity check finds an error a log file named error_log.txt will be created.
Attached Files
File Type: zip reorder.zip (4.9 KB, 327 views)
Old 02-09-2007, 06:01 AM   #30
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtas
Here's a new and safer version of the script. This one checks what language that is used and uses a config file (new_order.txt) where the desired menu order can be defined. [...]
Well done. It's much more flexible & saver now.