Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-24-2010, 03:28 AM   #16
jedifarfy
Zealot
jedifarfy doesn't litterjedifarfy doesn't litter

Device: rooted nook color, nook wifi 1st edition
You should have no problems with recipes. There are a lot of options: buying cookbooks, borrowing cookbooks from library, or even loading them as word documents. If you rooted it, you might even be able to edit documents. (Need to check thread, is DocumentstoGo on NC?)

There are a couple of covers that would work too. The Industriell Easel is a good cover for portrait mode, and the Sullivan Easel folds out to landscape (could sorta work in portrait, but doesn't lean back that way). Or, just use a regular cover and get a cookbook holder.
jedifarfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:33 AM   #17
primetime34
Zealot
primetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3, Nook 3G
Digital Recipe Sidekick is a great app that allows you to add your own recipes to the program and/or import them from txt files and other websites. Works good on PDN
primetime34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #18
pixiestyx
Enthusiast
pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pixiestyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O; N7 2013; Samsung GN 10.1 2014
My husband gifted me with one of these on Christmas Day. After playing with it for a bit, one of the 1st things I did was bookmark the three online recipes I would be following for dinner sidedishes. When the time to cook came, I wrapped the whole device in plastic wrap & set it on the counter. The touch screen worked fine through the wrap & I didn't have to worry about messy fingers. That said, I was still careful to work with liquids on a separate counter in case of spills
pixiestyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:40 PM   #19
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Check out the "Cambell's Kitchen" in the Market when you get a chance. It will show up in your App drawer as "Kitchen". Very well done (no pun intended).
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote