Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #1
EagleRidgeGal
EagleRidgeGal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Vanishing Plug-In Icons

Hey,
I'm using Calibre1.3 64bit, with a Kobo Glo and I wanted to add some plug-ins. So I initially just added two - Kobo Utilities and ExLibris. All fine. Yesterday I decided to also add Kobo Touch Extended and Annotations. The icon for KtouchExt never appeared at all on my toolbar and the icon for Annotations appeared and then vanished. I went into preferences and change calibre behaviour to see if I could force these icons to display on the toolbar (I have it set to tiny icons with no text and there is more than enough room for them to display). I could only find a new icon for annotations but not for KTouchExt. I added the Annotations icon and positioned it where I wanted it, I also added two new separators. I saved and applied. Restarted Calibre and Annotations (at least) appeared along with the new separators as I wanted it, for about 30 sec's! Calibre then, before I could do anything, reloaded the old toolbar. I tried uninstalling Kobo Utilities and leaving KTouchExt installed, all that happened was Kobo Utilities disappeared from the toolbar and there was still no sign of KTouchExt, let alone the errant Annotations icon. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I'd appreciate your help here. Thanks.
EagleRidgeGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRidgeGal View Post
Hey,
I'm using Calibre1.3 64bit, with a Kobo Glo and I wanted to add some plug-ins. So I initially just added two - Kobo Utilities and ExLibris. All fine. Yesterday I decided to also add Kobo Touch Extended and Annotations. The icon for KtouchExt never appeared at all on my toolbar and the icon for Annotations appeared and then vanished. I went into preferences and change calibre behaviour to see if I could force these icons to display on the toolbar (I have it set to tiny icons with no text and there is more than enough room for them to display). I could only find a new icon for annotations but not for KTouchExt. I added the Annotations icon and positioned it where I wanted it, I also added two new separators. I saved and applied. Restarted Calibre and Annotations (at least) appeared along with the new separators as I wanted it, for about 30 sec's! Calibre then, before I could do anything, reloaded the old toolbar. I tried uninstalling Kobo Utilities and leaving KTouchExt installed, all that happened was Kobo Utilities disappeared from the toolbar and there was still no sign of KTouchExt, let alone the errant Annotations icon. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I'd appreciate your help here. Thanks.
Your device was connected, right
30 seconds is about time for it to be detected: The the tool bar changes to the ...Device connected one.

You need to place the icons on Both if that is valid.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2013, 12:01 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Go to Preferences - Toolbar and select the toolbar or menu of your choice then place the icon for those plugins in any spot you wish.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:53 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
theducks and DoctorOhh have it right. But, the KoboTouchExtend driver plugin doesn't have its own icon. What is does is change the way calibre communicates to the device. You keep using the "Send to device" button and the same device button. If you are using it, you should also disable the standard KoboTouch driver in the plugin list in the preferences.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:59 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
theducks and DoctorOhh have it right. But, the KoboTouchExtend driver plugin doesn't have its own icon.
Thankfully you came by. It's obvious when you add "driver" to the plugin name.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #6
EagleRidgeGal
EagleRidgeGal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
The the tool bar changes to the ...Device connected one.
You need to place the icons on Both if that is valid.
Ohh, I seeee, THAT's what I was doing wrong. Duh!

Quote:
theducks and DoctorOhh have it right. But, the KoboTouchExtend driver plugin doesn't have its own icon. What is does is change the way calibre communicates to the device. You keep using the "Send to device" button and the same device button. If you are using it, you should also disable the standard KoboTouch driver in the plugin list in the preferences.
Okay, understood. Thanks DavidF. I missed the driver reference too.
I appreciate your help guys, Thank you.
EagleRidgeGal is offline   Reply With Quote