Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 06:44 AM   #31
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur
Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Sony DPT-s1, Pocketbook 903, Onyx M90, iPad 4
I think highlighting doesn't work at all on pdf... there is an icon but nothing happens when you use it. It works very well on epub files.

Rubber in handwritten notes, both in pdf and epub files, is awfully slow... it must be improved. In this state you cannot annotate in a comfortable way.

The device doesn't show me any picture or photos... they are there, but it doesn't show me.

With respect to the previous firmwares, now the wacon pen is very very precise... the spot appear exactly where you put the pen on the screen. This didn't happen before (just when you wrote with particular inclination of the pen, at least on my device).

Last edited by Shinra tensei; 10-04-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Shinra tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:04 AM   #32
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
From which version you upgrade? I have 2.1.1 on my PB902..

Did you lost notes? book marks?

How is the overall experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abijah View Post
This firmware is great. I like multitask and enhanced key mapping.
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 03:44 PM   #33
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
@rocep - I am having a hell of a time locating where the notes are kept, and I am starting to suspect they are not visible to me, has anybody got any clue?

@shirasensei: the hihglighting works on my machine - though it is slower than the pen tool. In addition, I've discovered that you can add a comment on somthing highlighted, simply by going over it again a pop-up window opens (see attached)

The file organization looks very impressive, but hadn't had time to check it out properly.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp scr0010.bmp (487.6 KB, 266 views)
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #34
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

there is also annotation in pdfviewer, but no highlighting function (it is not that it does not work, it just is not available - but you can underline with the pen). SO e.g. you can zoom on a margin, write your annotation in large handwriting, then zoom back.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:50 AM   #35
atango
Enthusiast
atango began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902pro
browser of 902

In 902, new webbrowser is "link". Since link does not support Asian fonts, it is a disappointment to me. I am wondering why the browser is different for 903 and 902.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
well I am not sure: it really looks like the original Midori, but improved, but I could of course be wrong, I did not have enough time to play with it.
atango is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 06:07 AM   #36
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
If they really use different browsers for 902 and 903 (I doubt it, but I don't know) then I would imagine that's because of the different kind of input, with a pen against with buttons.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:09 PM   #37
Shinra tensei
Connoisseur
Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.Shinra tensei can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Sony DPT-s1, Pocketbook 903, Onyx M90, iPad 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
@rocep - I am having a hell of a time locating where the notes are kept, and I am starting to suspect they are not visible to me, has anybody got any clue?

@shirasensei: the hihglighting works on my machine - though it is slower than the pen tool. In addition, I've discovered that you can add a comment on somthing highlighted, simply by going over it again a pop-up window opens (see attached)

The file organization looks very impressive, but hadn't had time to check it out properly.
It's correct. I verified with my device too. Highlighting works, even if not totally smootly.
Shinra tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #38
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by atango View Post
In 902, new webbrowser is "link". Since link does not support Asian fonts, it is a disappointment to me. I am wondering why the browser is different for 903 and 902.
Hi atango, then there must be also link - the atached really does not look like link to me!
Is it possible you had a "links" version installed already (I did)? This browser is invoked from the applications as "Web Browser". If there is any particular page you'd liek me to test, I can have a go.

EDIT: the quality of the image is much better than in the screenshot
Attached Images
File Type: bmp scr0011.bmp (485.3 KB, 233 views)
Old 10-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #39
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
Those are Arabic fonts. But since atango is from Korea, I guess, he is interested in Korean (in a way similar to Chinese, Japanese etc., but not similar to Arabic) characters.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:15 PM   #40
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
Those are Arabic fonts. But since atango is from Korea, I guess, he is interested in Korean (in a way similar to Chinese, Japanese etc., but not similar to Arabic) characters.
yes of course - I was only showing a screenshot of the browser to show it is not Links (the layout of links is quite different), this looks very much like the first one we had on the device, absed on Midori, but I do not know what the name of the current browser is. This is why I was asking for the specific website to check out (even in google, though, you do have to install sepcial fonts to see e.g. japanese characters)
Old 10-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #41
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
Okay sorry, then I got you wrong.

Unfortunately you are right: Google's Android still lacks full unicode support. But they are working on this. In the latest version of Honeycomb you have quite good support for IPA-Characters for example.

But you should know that there definitely are free and even open fonts out there for the whole unicode charset! So in my opinion it's no big thing to support all unicode characters...
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:17 PM   #42
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
I did the upgrade 2.1.2RC dated on 9/30/2011:

1-Response of the device was improve. Faster response
2-Contrast of PDF files using adobe and pdfviewer were horrible. Real bad!
3-Contrast on epubs file also was horrible. The letters were very light color, not dark and also on some spots were good others do not.

I rolled back to 2.1.1
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:16 AM   #43
sify903
sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.sify903 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903
Upgrade works fine, PB903pro is a lot faster than with previous version and FINALLY written annotations in documents (cudo's for that my russian friends!).

[solved]Just one question: although my device language is set to dutch, the library (explorer) seems only available in German. Is there a Dutch version yet?[solved]

Okay, a reset of the devicelanguage did it, so a full dutch version is available!!!

Last edited by sify903; 10-07-2011 at 04:19 AM. Reason: figured it out!
sify903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:33 PM   #44
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
I'm still on the 2.0.4 version. Can I update directly to the new one, or should I first update to an earlier one?
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:42 AM   #45
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
I'm still on the 2.0.4 version. Can I update directly to the new one, or should I first update to an earlier one?
I am going by memory form something I read on the Ukranina forum (which is impossible for me to search), but as far as I recollect you have to update at least to 2.0.6 first.