Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-01-2010, 11:07 AM   #76
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
The author didn't intend anything? The Shadow series was written well after the original and fit into the 3000 year gap between the first and second books.

That's the author's official answer. He lends a little more insight in the forward to Ender's Shadow. So read them in any order you want, I let you know the order I felt works out the best, but don't be fooled into thinking the Author has a preferred order.
I'll probably jump to enders shadow after Speaker of the Dead, which really isn't very interesting in my opinion. It is quite different from Enders Game.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #77
sweevo
Groupie
sweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kindle Touch
How about this order?

Ender's Game
Ender's Shadow
Ender in Exile

Then the last 3 Ender books (Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, Children of the Mind)

And finally Shadows in Flight, when it's published.

I'm borrowing Shadow of the Giant tomorrow; I'll let you know if it was as good as Ender's Shadow, as disappointing as Shadows of the Hegemon and Shadow Puppets, or somewhere in between.
sweevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 04:38 AM   #78
CW Johnson
CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CW Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod
I agree with a lot of the posts. Book 1 and 2 were great but it all went down hill from there.
I think what really turned me away was the fact that the characters simply stopped responding to Ender in any way I thought would have been realistic.
CW Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 05:20 AM   #79
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
My 2 cents: I didn't read this series until I was 48, I read it in chronological order from beginning to end and this was a thoroughly enjoyable series. It never went downhill in the least, but the type of science fiction did vary and I could see how someone might like some novels and not others. That's their loss, the writing, characters and plot were consistently top notch. Then again I thought Dune was great but couldn't get through the rest of them to save my life.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote