Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 05:31 AM   #16
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Mine's a 3G model. No update to shipping status as yet.

Update: I've just phoned Amazon and they say there's no problem, and it will be shipped for tomorrow. The large volume of orders is resulting in delays in updating order status.
Mine (3G) was ordered on 31st, and is now showing expected delivery of 27th with expedited delivery. It looks like they've done the delivery upgrade for free (I suspect to ensure everyone gets it on time!). And I can very easily believe the delays in order updating (which is good news for its popularity!).

I wonder if there are any differences between the 3G and WiFi models -- I could imagine that they are exactly the same hardware, just differing in whether the 3G is enabled. Whilst a little more expensive for the WiFi only models, it would make stock and inventory a lot easier...
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:10 AM   #17
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
I'm glad we are all realistic, laid back and terribly civilised in here. The slighest hint of potential delay in the Kindle despatch/delivery is turning into a bit of a slanging match on the Amazon boards, lots of 'it's not fair he/she got one first' etc. etc.

suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 06:27 AM   #18
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by suecsi View Post
I'm glad we are all realistic, laid back and terribly civilised in here. The slighest hint of potential delay in the Kindle despatch/delivery is turning into a bit of a slanging match on the Amazon boards, lots of 'it's not fair he/she got one first' etc. etc.

Yeah it's getting pretty insane on the Amazon boards. I'm just as keen on getting my
Kindle as anyone else but I'm not getting annoyed that people who may have ordered after me are getting theirs quicker. It depends on how they've been dispatched and in the UK at least it seems to have been the wifi model first.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:30 AM   #19
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
I also don't remember getting this much hype with the iPad when that came out except for crazy people queing overnight so they could be he first to claim one!!! I love my gadgets but not to that extreme!!!
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:40 AM   #20
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Well my case has arrived, and it fits in my handbag, but not much use without a Kindle!

Just checked Amazon and mine still says 'We'll notify you' and its a wifi only model. Getting a bit dispondent now tbh.

I want to get my Calibre library on it before I go away in 3 weeks, 670 books in 70 collections. I know I don't need them all for 1 week away but it would be nice not to have to choose. I also want to buy some books but I am reluctant to do so until its at least shipped..........

Last edited by Josieb1; 08-26-2010 at 06:47 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 06:50 AM   #21
Yidaki66
1st timer
Yidaki66 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Got my case

Recieved kindle 3 case this morning, still no sign of kindle dispatch though.
Yidaki66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:12 AM   #22
SwedishMike
SwedishMike began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
My case is lovely, just wish they could let me know when I get a Kindle to put in it...
SwedishMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:51 AM   #23
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
yeah, my case arrived today, just gorgeous.
Still no sign of my kindle entering the shipping process.
31/7 wi-fi, expedited........nothing
3/8 3G, expedited.....nothing

was hoping to get the wifi one tomorrow, but looks very unlikely now. Still hoping the 3G ships for next weekend as promised, fingers crossed.
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:54 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyd View Post
was hoping to get the wifi one tomorrow, but looks very unlikely now.
Why do you think that it looks unlikely? As an Amazon Prime member, I get "expedited" shipping on everything I buy, and it often ships at 8pm at night and arrives the next day by City Link. Plenty of time yet.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #25
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyd View Post
yeah, my case arrived today, just gorgeous.
Still no sign of my kindle entering the shipping process.
31/7 wi-fi, expedited........nothing
3/8 3G, expedited.....nothing

was hoping to get the wifi one tomorrow, but looks very unlikely now. Still hoping the 3G ships for next weekend as promised, fingers crossed.
With expedited shipping, and your location (London, from your profile), I could easily believe it being released to the delivery company very late this evening, and still getting to you tomorrow. If the updates are based on when boxes are filled, sealed and scanned, that might not happen till this evening as well.

So.... fingers crossed for you!

BTW which case did you get (or have you mentioned it and I've not noticed...)
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:03 AM   #26
BooksOnBowser
Enthusiast
BooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it isBooksOnBowser knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Libra h2o
My cover arrived today (Chocolate Brown with Light), but no sign on the Kindle.

I ordered 1st August and have "We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. It will be dispatched separately. You can cancel at any time."
BooksOnBowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:27 AM   #27
mfield999
mfield999 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I ordered on 1st August - but I got an email from Amazon this morning that the Kindle is out of stock. Having phoned Amazon, they said the email was a mistake, that all orders before 2nd August 4am have been allocated. So, we just have to see...
mfield999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #28
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
With expedited shipping, and your location (London, from your profile), I could easily believe it being released to the delivery company very late this evening, and still getting to you tomorrow. If the updates are based on when boxes are filled, sealed and scanned, that might not happen till this evening as well.

So.... fingers crossed for you!

BTW which case did you get (or have you mentioned it and I've not noticed...)

would be great but it hasn't even gone into the despatch process yet, no change at all since I ordered it. Its okay though, as long as I get one, I can wait....I hate it, but I can do it

I got the green lighted cover, it is really lovely, very impressed with the quality of it. Very sturdy back and it is not noticeably thicker than the front part. The inside is amazingly soft, the outside very smart, the green is a very pure colour, very apple green. The light is very neat and tidy, you just pull the corner of the case and it pops up. Im not overly concerned about the evenness of the light. I use the Sony 600 lighted cover and love it, so Im used to a more gentle light. In fact I now find my mighty bright too bright, much prefer the softer lights now.

Just would be nice to have a Kindle to put in it, instead of holding an empty case and using my imagination
Old 08-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #29
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I just rang Kindle Support and basicly they told me that they are working as fast as they can, and are processing orders in order number, and they will do their best to get them out by the date stated (for most of us tomorrow), but they can't guarentee it.

They have upped the shipping to Expedited at no extra charge (maybe people who have been charged could claim a refund, might be worth a call) in an effort to compensate customers who will be shipped late.

Sounds like they either underestimated how long it would take to ship them, or got them late so are shipping late
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:35 AM   #30
babyd
Addict

I have just emailed about my 2 orders, asking for an honest update of the situation and why I paid fore expedited when SSD has been upgraded for free. My cover was expedited but they only sent it 1st class !

Will see what they say. Just wish my order would change, it just sits there all sad and doing nothing LOL and Im sitting here all sad, fondling an empty kindle case