Old 01-05-2010, 11:49 PM   #1
chrisp191
Chrispy
chrisp191 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Most recently read books go to the back

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year!

I've had my Kindle for a few months and I noticed that when I start reading a new book, and then press the HOME button, the book goes to the almost the last page.

I have 20 pages of books.

I thought this was normal, however recently I was helping a friend with her Kindle and noticed that her recently read books go to the first page which is great.

I looked all over on how to change it but can't find any infio.

Would anyone have any reccomendations, or has anyone had the same problem?

I can still read my books but as my list gets longer, it's a real pain when you read multiple books to keep having to go to page 19 or 20 to bring up your book again.

Chrisp191
chrisp191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:06 AM   #2
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
For some reason, this seems to be a reoccurring problem. Here's what I do when it happens to mine:

Turn the wireless ON.

Turn OFF the Kindle (depress the power button until the screen is completely blank).

Wait a few seconds and turn the Kindle back ON. Now when you open and close a book (assuming you have chosen the "Last book read" from the display options), it should be back where it belongs at the head of the first page selections.

You can then turn the wireless back off, if you desire.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 01-06-2010 at 12:09 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 12:25 AM   #3
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Interesting... Happened to me for this first time this morning. I'll try your advice if it happens again..
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:59 AM   #4
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Interesting... Happened to me for this first time this morning. I'll try your advice if it happens again..
I'm not sure if this problem ever occurs for those who never turn off their wireless, but that's such a drain on the battery that I doubt many people do it.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:08 AM   #5
chrisp191
Chrispy
chrisp191 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Still no luck

Thank you WT Sharpe.

I followed your advice but still no luck.

I'll keep trying different things until I can find a solution.
chrisp191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 08:22 AM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Do you have Whispernet connection in your location? Your Kindle has to sync (phone home) with Amazon servers to correctly set the time stamps on your books, so that they will sort by "Most Recent" - otherwise your new books get set to a default time stamp (I think 1950) and end up on the last page.

If you don't have Whispernet in your area, there is a USB hack that allows you to access the Kindle via your PC - and you can use the "date" command to reset your Kindle's clock. Search the Amazon forums here- there are quite a few threads on this issue.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:52 AM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp191 View Post
Thank you WT Sharpe.

I followed your advice but still no luck.

I'll keep trying different things until I can find a solution.
Do you by any chance have a Kindle 2 U.S. (serial number starts with B002)?

If not and you have the K2 International (s/n B003), are you getting a Whispernet signal at all?

Aside from the USB hack poohbear_nc speaks about, you can try 311 to see which carriers are available in your area. From home >> menu >> settings >> type 311.

I don't have the International version but some other folks in Australia were having issues with Whispernet and reported this as working for them.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #8
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Do you by any chance have a Kindle 2 U.S. (serial number starts with B002)?

If not and you have the K2 International (s/n B003), are you getting a Whispernet signal at all?

Aside from the USB hack poohbear_nc speaks about, you can try 311 to see which carriers are available in your area. From home >> menu >> settings >> type 311.

I don't have the International version but some other folks in Australia were having issues with Whispernet and reported this as working for them.
Thanks daffy - I saw that "311" answer after I had already posted my answer here (2 birds are better than 1)
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
(2 birds are better than 1)
Tee Hee!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:32 PM   #10
blucougar
blucougar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I know this is a very old message, but I also noticed there was no resolution. I just wanted to let folks know, I discovered a solution by chance. This has happened twice to both my and my mother's Kindles. To fix it, I switched on WiFi, and then ran the "Synch and search for new items" function in the menu. It rectified the problem straight away.

Last edited by blucougar; 11-30-2011 at 10:34 PM.
blucougar is offline   Reply With Quote