Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-28-2009, 05:59 AM   #1
Siwickimom
Bookin' it!
Siwickimom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505- Sangria :) and Black Aluratek Libre
Does the Book Armor Cover fit over the M-Edge, or only work w/ the stock Sony?

Title says it all. I am on the fence about ordering the Book Armor case. I would like something rigid to protect my new 505 while in my purse, but want a different soft cover. Feedback most appreciated!!
Siwickimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:01 PM   #2
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwickimom View Post
Title says it all. I am on the fence about ordering the Book Armor case. I would like something rigid to protect my new 505 while in my purse, but want a different soft cover. Feedback most appreciated!!
I don't know about the old M-Edge covers (that weren't designed to hold the [someday] eLuminator light) but the new covers (that do have the space for the light) do NOT fit in the Book Armor. So far, the only cover that I've had actually fit in the Book Armor is the original cover.

I *am* expecting a new, lovely Oberon cover to show up in the mail in the next week or so. I can let you know at that point if the Oberon covers fit in the Book Armor.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2009, 11:48 PM   #3
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I love the Book Armour cover! Just wanted to say that.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:40 AM   #4
Siwickimom
Bookin' it!
Siwickimom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505- Sangria :) and Black Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
I love the Book Armour cover! Just wanted to say that.
Anyone have pictures of it in real life? The pictures online are really crappy looking and not very convincing!
Siwickimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:08 AM   #5
darkpoet
ePub Headbanger
darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Boox Poke4 / Sony PRS-505
I have no pictures. But to be honest, the low-quality pictures are what you expect. It's durable and ugly. I was disappointed when I first got my Book Armor (and I ordered from the US to Korea so 10 day anticipation built up too much) but the disappointment faded after a few days... the case is really strong. I've put mine through a lot already and I'm happy with it thus far.
darkpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2009, 08:53 PM   #6
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
It's a plain black case...not much to photograph. I like the small webbed nylon strap on the side for carrying.

I've spray painted a stencil on the front of mine, so it's no longer in factory issued condition.

I love that the case is simple, sleek, and very lightweight. I don't need frills, I just want to know that my reader is protected from bumps and drops.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:45 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I bought the Book Armour cover at the same time I bought my 505. I inserted the PRS-505 into the case and haven't removed it since. Seven months of being tossed into my gym bag for the commute to and from work and 53 books read and it is still holding up well.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote