Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Menu language problems i62HD

There is a problem with some of the menu languages in my i62HD reader. The Swedish and Dutch menus only get a few words translated, none of the words get translated in the "Denmark" menu. Norwegian is better as well as Italian, French and German. Is this just a problem with my reader or is it the same on others as well?
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
looks like translations are only partial, sometimes essential, but why change the default english?
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #3
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inemi View Post
...why change the default english?
You know, there are people out there in the world whose native language is not English. Yes, it may be hard to believe but it's true. And these people might prefer to see the menus in their own language. That may also be hard to believe for you, but I can assure you it's really true.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I have experience with M92, but I think the situation with i62HD will be similar.

Some languages are translated better, some worse, some not at all.

If you or some of your friends volunteers to translate the menus, you may have full and good localization into your language. It takes, say, 3-5 hours of work. (I made localization for my language).

If you are willing to do so, ask Booxstor (from this forum) for menu files. And it might appear in next firmware version.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=167629
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:06 AM   #5
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Thanks for the info :-) But why advertise that you have all these menu languages if they aren't fully translated? Doesn't that just make people angry?

Last edited by owly; 07-12-2012 at 04:13 AM.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2012, 05:03 AM   #6
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Well, I do not know if they advertise that they have support for certain language...

You are right, that it would be better, if there is full language support for all languages. But there is maybe 20 languages just in Europe. Some of them only 5 mil people, say 100 Onyx' readers sold... The profit from sale might not cover even the localization...

I did translation to my language even though I use the English myself. I did it for people who prefer my language ond/or do not know any other.

Everything is interconected. I do something good for the others, as the thanks that someone else did something good for me.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote