Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-29-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
ProfElm
ProfElm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Changing the screensavers on a time?

When I had my Kindle 3 in stock, the wallpaper would change every now and then.

However, at the moment the wallpapers are no longer changing. Is this supposed to be the case?
ProfElm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
anonimo200
Enthusiast
anonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it isanonimo200 knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DXG
From the Readme.txt file:

If you want to randomize the sequence in which your screensavers will be shown, create a blank file named *random* in the linkss folder (right alongside the "auto" file), and then do a full restart of your Kindle! This will shuffle your screensavers around on each boot.

Not at all.
anonimo200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
ProfElm
ProfElm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the tip Anonimo, but that is not what I was trying to do.

At the moment, they are being randomly selected. However, they are not being shuffled at a set time interval.

For instance, after 10 minutes of inactivity, the screensaver does NOT turn up. It only shows up when I lock the screen.

I would like to have my screensavers change AFTER they're locked -- meaning that the kindle remains locked and after say 5 minutes, the screensaver changes.

Is there a good way to go about doing this?
ProfElm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
whoever
Enthusiast
whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!whoever , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Windows XP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfElm View Post
Thanks for the tip Anonimo, but that is not what I was trying to do.

At the moment, they are being randomly selected. However, they are not being shuffled at a set time interval.

For instance, after 10 minutes of inactivity, the screensaver does NOT turn up. It only shows up when I lock the screen.

I would like to have my screensavers change AFTER they're locked -- meaning that the kindle remains locked and after say 5 minutes, the screensaver changes.

Is there a good way to go about doing this?
Why waste battery and screen life, it's not your picture frame
whoever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Nope, the SS *never* changes while the Kindle is locked, and that's always been the case, even on stock firmwares (at least for all firmwares from 2.5 to 3.3).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
screensavers