Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
K4 PC 2 now out

Forgive me if this is old news. I bought a free book today for my K4 PC, and Amazon automatically downloaded the new Kindle 4 PC 2.

I like it. You can easily switch from your archive to your library, sort by order obtained, collections, etc.

If you don't know how to download it (which I don't because I didn't look up how after I did it), I suggest that you buy a free Kindle book, and it will happen automatically.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Forgive me if this is old news. I bought a free book today for my K4 PC, and Amazon automatically downloaded the new Kindle 4 PC 2.

I like it. You can easily switch from your archive to your library, sort by order obtained, collections, etc.

If you don't know how to download it (which I don't because I didn't look up how after I did it), I suggest that you buy a free Kindle book, and it will happen automatically.
What version is it? I just downloaded 1.8.0 from the site two days ago.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I just downloaded it and I'm only seeing 1.8.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:32 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I just downloaded it and I'm only seeing 1.8.
Same here. I downloaded again and it's 1.8.0
Old 10-10-2011, 11:38 PM   #5
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can only tell you that the Task Bar button said "Kindle 4 PC 2", and the look of the program is completely different from what I have been using.
Advert
Old 10-10-2011, 11:43 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I can only tell you that the Task Bar button said "Kindle 4 PC 2", and the look of the program is completely different from what I have been using.
The title on the taskbar is the registered name of your device not the name of the program itself. So you probably have two versions of K4PC registered on your account. You can edit the name or remove the extra device on your Manage your Kindle page.

You can see the version number of the program under the Help/About Kindle menu.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:54 AM   #7
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Thanks Blossom! I see now that the version that I downloaded tonight is 1.7.1. I wonder why it wasn't 1.8.

Oh well! As you were.