Notices

Old 05-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #151
way8lifter
Enthusiast
way8lifter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
i just finished Dean Koontyz "Lightning" yesterday
This morning will start Dennis Mekiernan "The Dark Tide :
Have read it many times over the years ...a series that is maybe 10 books...but each can be read as a stand alone ...except the last where he pretty much closes things out
way8lifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #152
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Valentine Wedding Dress by Sheryl Woods - May 2012 - still free from Audible http://www.audible.com/pd?asin=B002V1BH80 MR member ATDrake posted about it here.
This was a short, very cute, sweet, fluff story of about 35 minutes. Translation: no sex, no profane language.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Can a very special wedding dress bring about love on Valentine's Day?

Drawn to an old trunk in the attic, Lara Calhoun is unable to resist finding out what treasure her late, beloved mother had kept hidden away for all these years. Her unexpected discovery soon turns her world upside down and makes her second-guess everything she's ever believed about her mother and about love. Will it lead her straight into Dave Lafferty's arms, or make her turn away from the love of a lifetime?

The Booktaker: A Nameless Detective Mystery by Bill Pronzini - April 2012 - still free from Audible http://www.audible.com/pd?asin=B0053ZSVKI MR member, skinmann, posted about it here.
Still listening to this one, but is fun to try to figure out who is the culprit. It's about 1 1/2 hours long.
Spoiler:
Quote:
The Nameless Detective is called upon to find out how rare books and maps are being stolen from an antiquarian bookshop with a faultless alarm system. He goes undercover in the store, only to be foiled when a theft occurs right under his nose. Then, as he ponders the case (while on a date with the lovely Kerry), he’s violently struck from behind by a car that seems bent on driving him off the road. Will Nameless survive this attempt on his life and solve the case?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #153
sunshine123
sunshine123 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
I just finished listening to 11-22-63, by Stephen King. It was entertaining, but my goodness, I thought it would never end.

Last edited by sunshine123; 05-05-2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: added author
sunshine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:02 AM   #154
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Ready Player One was brilliant. I was in the mood for light fare afterward and started in on the first Dresden Files audiobook, and it's entertaining. James Marsters has his pros and cons as a narrator. Overall, he conveys the understated noir tone really well, but understatement sometimes crosses the line into mumbling.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:13 AM   #155
ElsieC
Zealot
ElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmosElsieC has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
Ready Player One was brilliant.
I'm glad to hear this. I have it on my TBR list. So many books, so little time!
ElsieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2012, 02:41 AM   #156
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsieC View Post
I'm glad to hear this. I have it on my TBR list. So many books, so little time!
How old are you?
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:59 AM   #157
Lizzie in Ma
Connoisseur
Lizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to all

Device: Nook, Kindle 3, Vizio 8" tablet runn and Samsung Galaxy running Aldiko
Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid series. Read them, loved them, now listening to them.
http://www.kevinhearne.com/tag/iron-druid
Atticus Finch is a 2000 year old druid who hangs with an Irish Wolfhound named Oberon. He is on the run from the Tuatha De Dannann and has Shakespeare quote duels with his vampire lawyer.
These are such fun, he quotes everything from Star Wars to Princess Bride, Monty Python to Will Shakespeare. Huge fan.
Lizzie in Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #158
HoopyFrood
Zealot
HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cruz e-reader, 2 Kindles and a Kindle DX, Sanza Clip
I loved "Ready Player One", just finished "Sacre Bleu" by Christopher Moore, and started "The Strange Affair of Spring Heeled Jack".
HoopyFrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #159
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Storm Front (the Harry Dresden book) was entertaining and went fast. Afterward I wanted some straight fantasy and went into the first book of The Belgariad, Pawn of Prophecy, and I'm almost done with it, too. It was pleasant, but not exactly compelling, and it was hard to keep all the deliberately exotic and kind of similar-sounding names straight on audio. Nearly done with it, and I still don't know which god is which, or tribe, or king.

Not sure what I'll get into next.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #160
taosaur
intelligent posterior

I polished off Pawn of Prophecy and started into Stephen King reading The Wind Through the Keyhole on a bike trip today. The Belgariad book had a kind of comfy fireside pleasantness to it that I'll probably come back to at some point. The Dark Tower book is brilliant so far. I slipped right back into Midworld and shook hands with Roland and his ka-tet like I'd just seen them last week.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #161
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I'm currently listening to "Spirit Dances" by C. E. Murphy.

@Lizzie In Ma - I'm reading "Tricked" right now, and also have the audiobook version which I'll probably listen to on the beach this summer.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #162
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
I signed up for Audible and I bought with their free-credit, Brave New World by Adolf Huxley. I will transfer it to my iPod and start listening it today.
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #163
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
I polished off Pawn of Prophecy and started into Stephen King reading The Wind Through the Keyhole on a bike trip today. The Belgariad book had a kind of comfy fireside pleasantness to it that I'll probably come back to at some point. The Dark Tower book is brilliant so far. I slipped right back into Midworld and shook hands with Roland and his ka-tet like I'd just seen them last week.
It's a pity that the Belgariad series isn't out in ebooks. I love the series, but thought the audio books were a bit lacking. The narrator wasn't terrible, but someone like Nick Podehl would have been better suited, IMPO.

Just finished Iron Kissed, book 3 of the Mercedes Thompson series. That is a pretty good series where the narrator matches the series well. I'm starting Oath of Swords.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #164
HoopyFrood
Zealot
HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cruz e-reader, 2 Kindles and a Kindle DX, Sanza Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGrama View Post
I signed up for Audible and I bought with their free-credit, Brave New World by Adolf Huxley. I will transfer it to my iPod and start listening it today.
Is that Aldous' brother?
HoopyFrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:12 AM   #165
Rylon
Hungry Polar Bear
Rylon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rylon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rylon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rylon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rylon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rylon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rylon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rylon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rylon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rylon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rylon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Wi-Fi + 3G
I'm on a BBC Radio kick right now. I'll be listening to Radio 4's adaptation of The Sign of the Four tomorrow or the next day. After that, it's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Great Stuff.
Rylon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible, audiobooks, recommendations