Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-25-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
rocojo
rocojo began at the beginning.

Device: Windows Mobile TyTn 2
Sending books via Calibre not showing in Stanza

I use Calibre 07.20 for sending some books to my Ipod 4.2. I can see them in the Ibooks-app but NOT in the Stanza-app. Do i need to use Itunes to send the books ??? (i'd like Calibre and Stanza a lot more than Itunes and Ibooks)

(Earlier I used the server but direct sending is easier )

Last edited by rocojo; 09-25-2010 at 02:47 PM.
rocojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:49 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
For stanza you have to use the server.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
rocojo
rocojo began at the beginning.

Device: Windows Mobile TyTn 2
ok, it's a pity (that was fast !!)
rocojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:15 AM   #4
technomom
Enthusiast
technomom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, iPhone 12 mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
For stanza you have to use the server.
I realize that I'm reviving a months-old thread, but I found it because I was searching for an answer to the exact same issue. The weird thing is that as recently as a couple of weeks ago, I could use Calibre to send books to my iTouch, and they did show up in Stanza (I never use iBooks to read anything!).

I just thought the books weren't getting to the iTouch at all any more, to be honest, until I read the message about them showing up in iBooks. So I did look there, and yes, there they are (some of them, anyway).

But why did that start happening? I like, very very much, being able to send books to my iTouch using Calibre! I liked never having to mess with iTunes at all! I don't recall changing anything on my end - there's been an iTunes update, yes, but that's like saying there's been weather.

Suggestions, pretty please?

Thank you.
technomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:53 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
That is extremely strange - there has NEVER (as far as I am aware) been support in Calibre for sending books to Stanza (directly or via iTunes). I have no idea how you had this working.

Stanza has (and still is) supported via the Calibre Content server, but that involves Stanza pulling the ebooks from Calibre rather than them being sent by Calibre.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 11:38 AM   #6
CuriousGrrl
Kindle lover/Linux user
CuriousGrrl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
Did you make sure the books are available in EPUB format? I use Stanza on my iPhone with the Calibre content server, and books in my library do not appear unless there is an EPUB version available
CuriousGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote