Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 07-04-2009, 07:42 AM   #46
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Hello? Umm, excuse me there. Sorry to bother, but, if I may ask your patience while I momentarily interrupt, you see, my Queen, my beautiful sleeping beauty, does find bloodshed tends to mess up the drapes and is just a right battle to remove from the rugs and, what with also being a staunch pacifist, would not wish to personally harm a single hair on your body. But, umm, you see, however, that she has suggested, as her personal monkeyservant, and as a gibbon thus being innately imbued with the ability to eviscerate and mutilate most every item of fauna you can defenestrate in my general direction, that I encroach upon the personal space of any sentience that raises their voice above a whisper and proceed to transform them into an inside-out, limb-faced Mister Potatohead type blob of screaming mess.

Look, between you and me, I'm not much of a morning person myself, so...let's just keep it quiet, and I'll make us a couple of lattes (suitably "flavoured" from this little flask here [wink]), and hopefully Her Highness is sleeping deep enough that she has not been awakened and so I don't have to go to all of that exuberant fuss.

Sound like a reasonable arrangement to you? So lets sit, and wait, conversing quietly, upon another dawn of that blazing glory that is our Queen.

Yours with quiet restaint,
Adrian - The Royal Gibbon
@VR : see? what did I tell ya?
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:47 AM   #47
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Hey, Zelda! You up, yet, girl??

It's bloody well noon now!!
wow. it's a good thing for you i was wearing my earplugs !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGG- View Post
ssshhhh!
yeah !!!

Quote:
Okay, we'll give her another ten minutes. Then I'm goin' in barkin' my head off!!
ten minutes... you're taking your life in your hands (paws), doggie.

Quote:
Hey you don't want to ruin our evening by making her cross, do you?
excellent point ! you tell him, ygg !

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Hello? Umm, excuse me there. Sorry to bother, but, if I may ask your patience while I momentarily interrupt, you see, my Queen, my beautiful sleeping beauty, does find bloodshed tends to mess up the drapes and is just a right battle to remove from the rugs and, what with also being a staunch pacifist, would not wish to personally harm a single hair on your body. But, umm, you see, however, that she has suggested, as her personal monkeyservant, and as a gibbon thus being innately imbued with the ability to eviscerate and mutilate most every item of fauna you can defenestrate in my general direction, that I encroach upon the personal space of any sentience that raises their voice above a whisper and proceed to transform them into an inside-out, limb-faced Mister Potatohead type blob of screaming mess.

Look, between you and me, I'm not much of a morning person myself, so...let's just keep it quiet, and I'll make us a couple of lattes (suitably "flavoured" from this little flask here [wink]), and hopefully Her Highness is sleeping deep enough that she has not been awakened and so I don't have to go to all of that exuberant fuss.

Sound like a reasonable arrangement to you? So lets sit, and wait, conversing quietly, upon another dawn of that blazing glory that is our Queen.

Yours with quiet restaint,
Adrian - The Royal Gibbon
i loves ya adrian, you've always got my back !

Quote:
@VR : see? what did I tell ya?
y'all are just lucky, i'm currently enjoying my coffee and the lovely weather, charging up the various lisesuses in preparation for tonight, and lazily thinking i should go take a shower and get dressed pretty soon...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:55 AM   #48
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Good morni......day!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:56 AM   #49
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Good morni......day!
go ahead, you can say morning. the official definition of "morning" is "portion of the day immediately following getting up". since i just got up, it must be morning.

good morning to you !
Old 07-04-2009, 08:45 AM   #50
zelda_pinwheel

by the way, we've taken a vote over in the french forum, and decided that since after all these meetups were launched over here, they should be called "RendezVous" instead of "MeetUp" from now on. make a note of that, okay ?
Old 07-04-2009, 09:15 AM   #51
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Happy Paris RendezVous, today! (the 42nd?)
Old 07-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #52
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Happy Paris RendezVous, today! (the 42nd?)
thanks !

(i think they're all 42nds. )
Old 07-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #53
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
Have a great time today. And take *A LOT* of pictures, not like our german friends on the Frankfurt meetup. Remember, it's OK to hold one beer in each hand, but sometimes put one down on the table (or while waiting for the next round) and take a photo.

Have fun, kids.

And don't forget your cybooks.

Last edited by Abelturd; 07-04-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #54
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
It's HOT! 27°C... a cool beer in hand, I'm trying to discover who's there (there's ten of us)
  • Of course Queen Z. was there first
  • I recognize FlorenceArt
  • Godzil
  • I'll keep you posted
As for machines, we have:
  • Sony (psst: Zelda has a 700...)
  • CyBook (all veeery excited tonight)
  • Kindle
  • BeBook (very interesting)
  • an Apple Newton!!!
  • eBookwise
To be continued...
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #55
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
I think a lot of cybook goes back home happy
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #56
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
I think a lot of cybook goes back home happy
yep. i think so.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:32 PM   #57
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
I really can't wait for the next one
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 06:33 PM   #58
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
I really can't wait for the next one

me too. with epub.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:49 PM   #59
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
As for machines, we have:
  • Sony (psst: Zelda has a 700...)
(doggie faints dead away)
Old 07-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #60
zelda_pinwheel

oh ! and, we will have lots of photos for you, just as soon as our friendly photographers email them to me.

Tags
apéro, meet-up, meetup, paris, rendezvous