Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #22666
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Merry Christmas Eve all! I have decided that avoiding the basement is a good idea. The five kids are down there. Lucas is having breakfast, squash and formula. The tree is inundated with gifts. Ahhh the calm before the storm.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #22667
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Coffee in my cup. I woke up this morning with my voice back after two frustrating days of laryngitis. I'm so glad! Need to put the finishing touches on my pies, and get the house cleaned up a bit. The family is all gathering here tonight (at Mom's house). We figured we'd have "Christmas at Mema's" one last time, both in memory of Mom and to give some continuity to the kids since this has always been their tradition. We've decorated the tree with butterflies, Mom's favorite thing, and I tried to recreate her pies and banana pudding.

Merry Christmas to you all!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #22668
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sounds wonderful
Old 12-24-2012, 08:56 AM   #22669
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Off to bed with visions of sugarplums... or something like that! I need to be asleep before Santa shows up.
Merry, all!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #22670
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Some Glühwein and the Christmas caroussel can begin!

Merry Christmas all!
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #22671
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

The purple cast iron tea pot I have been coveting for years is sitting on the mantle. Lucas is snuggling in for a nap. The dogs have been very well behaved. My family is gathered together. I love Christmas.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #22672
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
The purple cast iron tea pot I have been coveting for years is sitting on the mantle. Lucas is snuggling in for a nap. The dogs have been very well behaved. My family is gathered together. I love Christmas.
Lovely. I have a couple of smallish cast iron tea pots that are wonderful.

Today was supposed to be a kick back day, the tamales are all done, the chorizos are started and doing their 3 day thing, the sun was even supposed to come out. But instead, the dishwasher decided to leak all over the floor, and the fog rolled in. Sigh.

In my cup, Peet's Winter Solstice tea. This is good black tea, with citrus and spice added. NOT the sort of thing I usually drink, but not bad at this time of the year on a cold day. With a spoon of local honey in it.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #22673
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Wriggly little boy who is way over stimulated in my arms. He has a full belly and doesn't know how tired he is.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #22674
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Love my boy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1356386488.340076.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	98168  
Old 12-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #22675
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Love my boy
Beautiful baby boy

One Christmas dinner down....two to go....

In my cup: Rieden Selection 2011, Grüner Veltliner....white wine
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:41 PM   #22676
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy

Christmas, Christmas time is near,
Time for toys and time for cheer.
We've been good, but we can't last,
Hurry Christmas, Hurry fast.
Want a plane that loops the loop,
(Alvin Me, I want a Hula-Hoop.
(Chipmunks
We can hardly stand the wait,
Please Christmas don't be late.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hAUWyp0qzs )

Merry Christmas, one an all! But what's the world coming to when I wake up early Christmas morning and head for the computer rather than toys? Well... I guess the computer is my toy these days... Multi-purpose toy; video game, movie theater, record player, telephone, etc., etc.
I'm drinking a hot cup of East India Company's "Royal Breakfast" tea today, and eating some rice flavored with prosciutto ham... Probably not the most traditional Christmas morning breakfast, but I've had worse. I guess I should be thankful. I remember one Christmas morning 45 years ago eating my breakfast out of a can while sitting in torrential rains next to a rice paddy.

Santa arrived last night. Took instead of gave. And I'm all the happier. He took a half a kilo off my scale. Who could ask for more? Besides, there is nothing that I want that can be found in stores. I get those when ever I want them. I'm not good with delayed gratification. And with my birthday just a week before and my wife giving me the new iPhone 5... Yeah... another nice Christmas... We'll take some walks today, climb some stairs, probably have some sushi for lunch... When you're with the person/people you care about, it doesn't really matter what you do, does it.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #22677
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Merry Christmas, Stitchawl!

There's still almost ten minutes to go here.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #22678
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Coffee in my cup. I woke up this morning with my voice back after two frustrating days of laryngitis. I'm so glad! Need to put the finishing touches on my pies, and get the house cleaned up a bit. The family is all gathering here tonight (at Mom's house). We figured we'd have "Christmas at Mema's" one last time, both in memory of Mom and to give some continuity to the kids since this has always been their tradition. We've decorated the tree with butterflies, Mom's favorite thing, and I tried to recreate her pies and banana pudding.

Merry Christmas to you all!
Sounds perfect Betty! Merry Christmas to you and yours ... and your Mom too!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:45 PM   #22679
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I raise my glass of Lagavulin and toast all my friends here - Merry Christmas and the happiest of holidays for all!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:26 PM   #22680
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Well it wouldn't be Christmas if Uncle Billy didn't lose that eight thousand dollars and the town folk rally around and donate it back, Clarence got his wings for the first time, again, and everyone living happily ever after, again. *Even old man Potter got to keep the $8K again.

Just boiling up the water for a pot of mountain grown Vittoria coffee.
I hope you are all having a wonderful life. Merry Christmas folks.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?