Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 10:04 PM   #16
vt100
vt100 began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook-Lite
I received my jetbook-Lite today from Newegg. The free shipping was 2-day which I'm glad I noticed as I almost "upgraded" to the 3-day offered at checkout

I'm mainly posting because this one did come with the firmware showing Software: v0.14i and Patch: v15. This is the version listed in another thread as being B&N DRM compatible. I'm going to try it after I play with the device some more, not waiting till Christmas I'll post here or wherever someone tells me to if this is the wrong place.
vt100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:15 PM   #17
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by vt100 View Post
I received my jetbook-Lite today from Newegg. The free shipping was 2-day which I'm glad I noticed as I almost "upgraded" to the 3-day offered at checkout

I'm mainly posting because this one did come with the firmware showing Software: v0.14i and Patch: v15. This is the version listed in another thread as being B&N DRM compatible. I'm going to try it after I play with the device some more, not waiting till Christmas I'll post here or wherever someone tells me to if this is the wrong place.
vt100, you are in the right place and you Made the Right Choice!
I have the same v0.14i version and Patch: v15. This version has B&N ereader support (not ePub). You can also download DRMed eBooks from ereader.com and fictionwise.com
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2009, 11:18 PM   #18
heffe2001
Zealot
heffe2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 3g
If you call tech support, they will send you v0.14k, which should work with drm-epub files, but I'll have to report back on that tomorrow .
heffe2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:08 AM   #19
vt100
vt100 began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook-Lite
Thanks for the replies Kris and heffe. I see that epub doesn't work I hope to get that firmware tomorrow as well! I'll check out the other sources now
vt100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:25 AM   #20
JeePea
Enthusiast
JeePea is on a distinguished road

Device: Ectaco Jetbook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
vt100, you are in the right place and you Made the Right Choice!
I have the same v0.14i version and Patch: v15. This version has B&N ereader support (not ePub). You can also download DRMed eBooks from ereader.com and fictionwise.com
Hi Kriss77. My Jetbook Lite will be here tomorrow and I'm interested in this whole issue of what kind of DRM'd books the Lite can read and which it can't. You mention ereader.com and fictionwise.com. Can you tell me the actual process for using the DRMed books from these sites on the Jetbook Lite? I've downloaded DRMed books from both places in the past and one uses the PID from your reading device and the other requires your name and credit card number (which is what B&N requires now for their epub books). I'm just wondering how this works on the Jetbook. I can probably figure it out for myself tomorrow, but it would be nice to have a head start on the process. Thanks for any help you can provide.
JeePea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #21
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeePea View Post
Hi Kriss77. My Jetbook Lite will be here tomorrow and I'm interested in this whole issue of what kind of DRM'd books the Lite can read and which it can't. You mention ereader.com and fictionwise.com. Can you tell me the actual process for using the DRMed books from these sites on the Jetbook Lite? I've downloaded DRMed books from both places in the past and one uses the PID from your reading device and the other requires your name and credit card number (which is what B&N requires now for their epub books). I'm just wondering how this works on the Jetbook. I can probably figure it out for myself tomorrow, but it would be nice to have a head start on the process. Thanks for any help you can provide.
when I opened PDB book jetBook pop up the window with question about name and credit card number. As soon as I entered this information I got the
access to this book. I purchased this book from Fictionwise website.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:28 PM   #22
JeePea
Enthusiast
JeePea is on a distinguished road

Device: Ectaco Jetbook Lite
Thanks Kris777. I was hoping that opening a DRMed book would be this easy and you just confirmed it.
JeePea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ectaco, jetbook, lite, newegg