Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-06-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
Valio
Valio began at the beginning.

Device: Iriver Story
sorry, still about proxy

hi, I am new to calibre and played a little bit.

I did not find proxy setting in calibre. I did some google things but not satisified still.

so, I know calibre is using proxy setting in windows environment setting, why don't just add proxy setting inside calibr ?

I am using my laptop in office and home, a proxy at office, home not.
and generally i am using .pac file - proxy script in IE for windows evironment, which seems not be detected by calibre. I do not want to set proxy IP into win-env, since i have to change it back at home.

so, any comments ? something I was missing ? thanks.
Valio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre currently only detects proxy settings from the environment/registry. You can simply use the environment variable HTTP_PROXY to configure the proxy
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert