Notices

Old 06-09-2009, 04:57 AM   #1
PDS
Zealot
PDS began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Dell Mini 9, I-Phone
Unhappy Lost my 505 :(

Omg I am so devastated I lost my 505 today

I have retraced my steps ... doctors, work, shops and it hasn't turned up. I have a very sad feeling that my beautiful blue reader is in the hands of someone else.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh *sob*

Dawn
PDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:19 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
OH no!!! Is there some kind of lost-my-reader virus on this forum?

First, lots of chocolate and hugs sent to you .
I'll even share my special dark Belgian.

Click image for larger version

Name:	leonidas-chocolate_2056_3709234.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	30495

Can you remember the last time you were reading on it? Or touched it? Was it in your purse? Could someone have "borrowed" it from your bag? Could it have fallen out?

I sure hope it turns up. My fingers are crossed.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2009, 05:22 AM   #3
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Oh no, that's terrible. I'd be lost without mine.

I will keep hoping that it turns up somewhere, there are lots of good people who do hand things in if they find them.

Good luck.
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:35 AM   #4
PDS
Zealot

Thanks for the choccies Dreams ..... mmmmmm yum I have chocolate all around my face

Thanks Ruth, yeah I hope it will turn up too, got to keep hoping aye.

Dawn
Old 06-09-2009, 05:41 AM   #5
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Thats a common nightmare for me... Sofar however I've never actually lost it though.

Hope it turns up (did you have a Document on it with your name and number)?
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2009, 07:41 AM   #6
ladyjane
I hate to clean
ladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, Acer NetBook
I'm so sorry to hear that, but there are honest ppl out there. I installed a wrist strap on mine so I can never leave it somewhere. Hugs and hope it finds its way home soon.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:45 AM   #7
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Oh no, I hope it turns up Dawn! I have nightmares about losing mine, as soon as I read your post, I had to run to the bedroom to check that mine was okay (it was). Do let us know if you find it.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:05 AM   #8
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350
Hope you're wrong. My condolences if you aren't.

On the bright side, there's a thread around here about Borders selling them for $199.
no.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:10 PM   #9
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
I felt like I got kicked in the stomach when I read your post. I hope some good Samaritan finds it and returns it. Good luck.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #10
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Dawn I do hope it turns up. I would normally suspect a MobileRead member got it but, if one of us found it, we'd get curious about what books you had on it. Then we'd forget we were going to steal the thing and, instead, start reading.

I once left mine on a treadmill at the gym but, fortunately, it was still there when I came back for it.

Did you have you name and contact information on it. I have that data taped to the back of mine. Also created a word document titled "The Owner of this Reader" and imported it into my reader. When you open it, it has all my contact information there as well.

Anyway, let us know what happens and, fingers crossed, it'll turn up
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #11
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Oh, no. Big karma to you.

I hope it turns up. Make sure to tell the receptionist at the dentist's office, etc. Someone may find it and turn it in.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #12
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post

Did you have you name and contact information on it. I have that data taped to the back of mine. Also created a word document titled "The Owner of this Reader" and imported it into my reader. When you open it, it has all my contact information there as well.
This is a really good idea! I'm going to do this. I'm not brave enough to take it out in public much yet, I keep my 505 pretty close to me, and I can say that the only pair of hands that have EVER touched that reader are MINE.

Dawn, I'm sorry to hear that! I'd be freaking out right now if it were me. I hope your 505 turns up somewhere very soon. Could it have fallen somewhere in your car...maybe between the seats/under the seats?

I hope we hear a message soon that you found it.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:25 PM   #13
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Ay chance it slipped into the folds of the chair?
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #14
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
Another way to put ID on your reader so you can prove it's yours if you leave it behind somewhere...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...125#post183125
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:12 PM   #15
PDS
Zealot

Hi Guys

Thanks so much for all of your kind comments and support. Unfortunately it hasnt turned up yet although I am still hopeful as it does have my contact details on.

Will let you know what happens ...... if you hear massive wailing going on its likely to be me crying for my reader.

I dont know what do with myself, I want to read!!

Cheers guys
Dawn