Notices

Old 08-30-2008, 04:21 AM   #1
Shehabi
Enthusiast
Shehabi began at the beginning.

Device: nothing at the moment
How to speed my PRS 505 ?

Hello
My PRS 505 is slow not alot but how to speed it ?

Regards
Shehabi
Shehabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:06 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehabi View Post
Hello
My PRS 505 is slow not alot but how to speed it ?

Regards
Shehabi
How to speed it up might depend on just what you are doing with it. So what is it you are doing with it?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2008, 09:18 AM   #3
Shehabi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How to speed it up might depend on just what you are doing with it. So what is it you are doing with it?
Thank you
but I only download some PDF books and read it but if I want to go to next page it's take about 7-10 seconds sometimes
Old 08-30-2008, 09:34 AM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Thank you
but I only download some PDF books and read it but if I want to go to next page it's take about 7-10 seconds sometimes
Convert your pdf files to Sony LRF files and load them on the device (not on memory card)
Look around this site for various pdf converters and enhancers. Great stuff.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:43 AM   #5
Shehabi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Convert your pdf files to Sony LRF files and load them on the device (not on memory card)
Look around this site for various pdf converters and enhancers. Great stuff.
Thank you
but I don't have this program but I already load them on device
Advert
Old 08-30-2008, 11:08 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Thank you
In my experience with the new firmware, turningPDF pages does not take that long. You have me wondering what's happening.

Try these suggestions, if you haven't already done so:

Make certain you have the most current firmware update for the 505. Also, try loading them onto the 505 via the "ebook Library" software on your computer.

If you have done these two things, then I'm at a loss to explain what's happening.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:37 AM   #7
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Use PDFLRF to convert them to LRF. Search the forums to find it.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:15 PM   #8
Shehabi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
In my experience with the new firmware, turningPDF pages does not take that long. You have me wondering what's happening.

Try these suggestions, if you haven't already done so:

Make certain you have the most current firmware update for the 505. Also, try loading them onto the 505 via the "ebook Library" software on your computer.

If you have done these two things, then I'm at a loss to explain what's happening.

Don
Thank you for your replay
Yes I updated it to the new firmware but can I reset my PRS 505 to see if that OK
?
Old 08-30-2008, 01:17 PM   #9
Shehabi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Use PDFLRF to convert them to LRF. Search the forums to find it.

Ok thank you but Can I read the arabic fonts in LRF ?
Old 08-30-2008, 02:11 PM   #10
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Ok thank you but Can I read the arabic fonts in LRF ?
Not unless you install a font with arabic characters. See this guide on how to do that (blatant plug, yes ).
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:01 PM   #11
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
PDFLRF will render everything to pictures, Arabic fonts or not.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 12:05 AM   #12
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
how about overclocking?

j/k

I thought the OP here had started an overclocking thread for the PRS until I chked it out. LOL
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:34 PM   #13
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I've found the same "issue" with reading some PDF's on mine. I put it down to the fact that reflowing several hundred pages of text on a format that isn't designed for reflowing is hard on it's CPU. I imagine the 505 only reflows a couple of pages at a time to cut down on the initial opening time. The more complex the PDF, the more noticeable the pause is too. Heck, reflowing a PDF on my PC takes a little while too, and it's FAR more powerful than the 505.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote