Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-04-2014, 05:49 AM   #136
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Sub-par service is such a nuisance. I mean, what's the guy not getting paid for?
Maybe offering a 20% gratuity will improve the service...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:44 AM   #137
pdops
Zealot
pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dassie View Post
Yes, my Touch now also flickers black quite a few times when going into or coming out of sleep mode, it's really annoying and slow.
I'm seeing this too on my Touch. It is annoying.
pdops is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2014, 02:43 PM   #138
roycymru
Connoisseur
roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdops View Post
I'm seeing this too on my Touch. It is annoying.
Doesn't bother me. It is over in a "flash" and I think leaves the screen clearer to start reading
roycymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:08 PM   #139
Chaindrop
Chaindrop began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
I think this is a new feature as well: Full screen book covers on sleep mode w/o extra info.
Chaindrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:22 PM   #140
hoichi
male solipsist pig
hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch→Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaindrop View Post
I think this is a new feature as well: Full screen book covers on sleep mode w/o extra info.
I think there are separate settings for full screen covers and for extra info since 3.0.1 at the very least.
hoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2014, 03:44 PM   #141
chief84
chief84 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chief84 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chief84 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Why did they removed the possibility to access to the full page dictionary by tapping on the definition?? This is a great bug..
chief84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:01 PM   #142
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
My Aura HD got it yesterday, but I didn't have time enough to try and play around to see how it is.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:37 PM   #143
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief84 View Post
Why did they removed the possibility to access to the full page dictionary by tapping on the definition?? This is a great bug..
Can't you just long tap the word to get full page dictionary?
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:44 PM   #144
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dassie View Post
Yes, my Touch now also flickers black quite a few times when going into or coming out of sleep mode, it's really annoying and slow. Also I've got the wifi-bug now, so i'll problably revert to 3.0.1

Is it possible to revert to an older firmware but still keep your library (and read/unread-statusses) intact?
My Aura too (I've just received this release). It's annoying...BTW, same question here.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 03-04-2014 at 04:51 PM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:56 PM   #145
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
My Aura too (I've just received this release). It's annoying...BTW, same question here.
Ditto here as well. Although it does show (briefly what a night mode might look like!), still though very annoying

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:57 PM   #146
ableeker
Enthusiast
ableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
The Aura HD upgraded to 3.2.0 a day ago. The WiFi bug hasn't been fix in this firmware though.
ableeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:00 PM   #147
chief84
chief84 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chief84 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chief84 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

If a definition for the word is not found, you can't access to the full page dictionary by long tapping on it.
chief84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:40 PM   #148
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Certainly slower than previous version. Sometimes this causes double tap double page turns. Oh well.
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:46 PM   #149
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by volpo View Post
Certainly slower than previous version. Sometimes this causes double tap double page turns. Oh well.
Extremely much slower...
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:05 AM   #150
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
Can't you just long tap the word to get full page dictionary?
Yes, it works fine if the dictionary has an entry for that word. I find it also easy to jump from one word to another whether in the popup or the main window.
On the whole I find this version a tad slower too, not necessarily when turning the pages it's mainly when going back to the home screen or looking up a word.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote