Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #1
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1
Transferring ebooks from my 505 to 300

Hi

I just had the misfortune of accidentally breaking the screen of my prs 505, and since there is no possibility to repair it - at least for a reasonable price - I decided to buy a prs 300. My only concern is that i have a lot of books i bought for my previous device and i want to be able to read it in my new one. Is it possible? The DRM of the books allows them to be read in more than one device ?

Thanks a lot!!

Salgueiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
You'll probably have to register the new Sony and then see if you can transfer them using the Sony Library. You might have to re-download them, depending on where you bought them etc.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2010, 01:12 PM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salgueiros View Post
Hi

I just had the misfortune of accidentally breaking the screen of my prs 505, and since there is no possibility to repair it - at least for a reasonable price - I decided to buy a prs 300. My only concern is that i have a lot of books i bought for my previous device and i want to be able to read it in my new one. Is it possible? The DRM of the books allows them to be read in more than one device ?

Thanks a lot!!

The various DRM systems allow 4 to 6 activations.
As long as you register your new reader to the very same account, you should be fine. You probably don't even have to re-download them. I'd try copying the content of your old reader, before playing around with Adobe Digital Editions or Sony eBook library.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:40 PM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
The various DRM systems allow 4 to 6 activations.
As long as you register your new reader to the very same account, you should be fine. You probably don't even have to re-download them. I'd try copying the content of your old reader, before playing around with Adobe Digital Editions or Sony eBook library.
It will have to be registered at minimum before it can read DRM'd files.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #5
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1
Thanks you very much for the information!

Any ideias about what to do with the broken erader? I would gladly give it away if someone is willing to do something with it. Seems like a waste to throw a almost good device to the garbage can...
Salgueiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #6
Ken401
Addict
Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-950, PRS-505, Nexus 10, Xoom
You might auction it off on Ebay as some folks would be interested in the parts.
Ken401 is offline   Reply With Quote