Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Smile Cover for the Vox

I ordered that cover for the Vox a few days ago, I can't wait to get it...

http://www.skindigitalstore.com/prod...ase-Cover.html

Product Description
Compatible with: Kobo Vox Tablet eReader with 7-inch Multi-touch screen (Not for Kobo Touch)
Color & Style: Black, Multi-stand book case
Material: Genuine Leather

High quality Genuine leather case designed to fit perfectly your Kobo Vox

Soft genuine leather gives tactile and aesthetic appeal and adds durability to the case
Rigid yet flexible exterior with a soft padded microfiber interior
Contrasting white stitching to add a disctinct level of style
Two positions: Landscape for watching media and slightly angled for easy typing
Cut outs allow access to all buttons, ports, sensors and speakers

The case is designed to fold back, so you can read with just one hand
Provides excellent protection from scratches and bumps
Ultra secure magnetic flap closure

Elegant, compact & lightweight
Easy to use, Just slip it in!

Last edited by estelle58; 03-29-2012 at 12:42 PM.
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Ha, I just ordered the same case. It was previously discussed in another thread here and one person had already gotten theirs and liked it.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
I got that case a couple of months ago and like it better than the Indigo book cover case I had originally. It even has cutouts for the light sensor and the power light and is less than half the price to boot. I was so annoyed with my original cover not showing the indicator light, I hacked out part of the frame so I could see it. The only part I don't really like about the Skindigital cover is the crease in the cover for standing the thing up in landscape mode. I've yet to need to use it that way.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
renee0986
Enthusiast
renee0986 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
I purchased this case on ebay with one of the screen protectors. I absolutely love this case. And at less than half the cost of the branded kobo cases what's not to love?! Also, I have found the screen protector to be an asset. Not only does it obviously protect the screen but I have found that it also reduces screen glare and has a much smoother feel (so sweaty fingers no longer stick when swiping the screen).

I would recommend this case to anyone over the Kobo branded one.
renee0986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #5
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
I received the cover 2 days ago and I absolutely love it
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #6
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Still didn't get mine, I think it's lost.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #7
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

When this cover first showed up here, the black one sold out quickly (I think I got the last one in stock at the time). I'm guessing it's become very popular and is flying off the shelves quickly since it's nicer and much better value than the "official" one.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
OH - very nice! I think I am going to get this!!! But, what colour?!?!

Thanks for posting Estelle!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
mr_nobody
Evangelist

Finally received mine. It took over a month. Nice case. However, if you are in a hurry, maybe order from somewhere other than hong kong!
Old 04-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #10
oldyellr
Evangelist

Perhaps the demand is no so huge they can't keep them in stock. Mine came in a week or so. In fact, most stuff I've ordered from Hong Kong has been extremely inexpensive and fast, usually free, shipping.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #11
mr_nobody
Evangelist

Well they claimed they shipped at the beginning of march so unless they lie...
Old 04-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #12
Pullar
Pullar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I just had them resend one for my wife's vox. It's been over a month, but with the easter long weekend I gave it some extra time. Customer service seems good they reply to messages quickly and are shipping another one out Monday for me. Glad to hear it's a good cover, at half the price is worth the wait.
Pullar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #13
tardisrosedalek
tardisrosedalek began at the beginning.

Case/Stand in the UK

If your living in the UK you might want one of these, easily the best, even better than the official one in my opinion.

Black:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tuff-Luv-Tri...bs_computers_3

Red:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tuff-Luv-Tri...s_computers_11

Purple:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tuff-Luv-Tri...bs_computers_9
tardisrosedalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #14
renee0986
Enthusiast
renee0986 began at the beginning.

Those look really nice. I'm sad now that we're not in the UK. I like that the kickstand is available even in portrait orientation. I don't like reading in landscape mode, I find the margins to be too large on the Vox. Since my case only has the kickstand for landscape I don't get much use out of that feature.

I may have to look into this and see if these are also available from some place that ships to Canada. My case is holding up well but I think it may be worth it (providing the cost isn't too high) to invest in one with a portrait kickstand which I may get much more use from.
renee0986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:40 PM   #15
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Available from Amazon.ca for almost the same price (but shipping is not included).

http://www.amazon.ca/Tuff-Luv-Tri-St...4773968&sr=8-5

Don't have one for the Vox(my kids have the Kobo Vox hard covers for added protection), but I have a Tuff-Luv case for my Acer A100, and it's great.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote