Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 10-10-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
Davidolores
Davidolores began at the beginning.

Device: none
Making an ebook

I am a new member and have written and published several book that I want make available as ebooks, to be read on iPhone, iPad, Kindle etc.
I would like some simple advise on how to go about it. I have Indesign on my iMac and I books are in Word and PDF formate at the moment.

Any offers of help ?
Davidolores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidolores View Post
I am a new member and have written and published several book that I want make available as ebooks, to be read on iPhone, iPad, Kindle etc.
I would like some simple advise on how to go about it. I have Indesign on my iMac and I books are in Word and PDF formate at the moment.

Any offers of help ?
Writer2EPUB will convert a Word file to EPUB
Calibre will make an attempt at converting PDF (a terrible format to convert FROM)

EPUB Reader is only (a great one) a viewing plugin for Firefox
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
Microsoft Word can export to HTML. Then you can use Sigil, convert it to an ePub (for the iDevices) and then convert the ePub to Mobi/PRC (for the Kidneys). Also, pretty much all devices can read PDF. Save them as tagged PDFs and they can also reflow (don't know about the font/font size, though).
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote