Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
cartman
Connoisseur
cartman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-505 (Blue)
Unicode fonts in menus

I have a small problem with my Sony Reader 505, as books with greek names that have characters with accents do not display correctly(only the names in the menu, the text of the book displays ok). Those characters are instead displayed as boxes. PRSCustomizer's unicode fonts did not fix the problem, instead they made all greek letters appear as boxes, so i had to revert back to the default fonts. Any suggestions?
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:53 AM   #2
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I have a small problem with my Sony Reader 505, as books with greek names that have characters with accents do not display correctly(only the names in the menu, the text of the book displays ok). Those characters are instead displayed as boxes. PRSCustomizer's unicode fonts did not fix the problem, instead they made all greek letters appear as boxes, so i had to revert back to the default fonts. Any suggestions?
I don't know what unicode font PRSCustomizer uses, but perhaps you could manually rig your Sony Reader to use Gentium.

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert