Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-14-2008, 08:49 PM   #1
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Cuteness for the female 505 owners

I just snagged one of these on Etsy, thought I'd share:

Here's the link:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6257799

I was thinking about getting a skin it, but I'm too lazy and this is way cuter...
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:52 PM   #2
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Good snag! Far cuter than the skin-its
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2008, 08:59 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Good snag! Far cuter than the skin-its
I thought so too. I love Amy Butler fabrics. I'll update this when I get it and share my thoughts.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:12 PM   #4
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The subject of this thread is totally sexist.

I'd quite happily buy something in this style for my Iliad, or even as a notebook cover (Oh! Oh! As a case for my laptop!).

Very zhooshy!

Cheers,
Marc (just joshin' with the "sexist" thing )
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:20 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
The subject of this thread is totally sexist.

I'd quite happily buy something in this style for my Iliad, or even as a notebook cover (Oh! Oh! As a case for my laptop!).

Very zhooshy!

Cheers,
Marc (just joshin' with the "sexist" thing )
Oh but it totally is sexist

Actually, I was going to say that since it is etsy, the seller would probably custom make a more "manly" cover, but I don't know if there really are any manly fabrics.

It isn't very fru-fru, so if you're a man with a taste with vibrant colors, then maybe I should change the title to all owners
Advert
Old 12-14-2008, 09:46 PM   #6
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
I looked at the Etsy store, and she already has a fabric some men would like - at least my husband did. It's a black & dark gray very graphic design with "air-brushed surf boards" overlaid on the background.

Actually, I like that design best, because I love black with bright, vibrant colors.
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:38 AM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
... I don't know if there really are any manly fabrics.
Well there's always leather.

Seriously though, what about plaid flannel, gray tweed, or a nice small-scaled houndstooth?

I could go for a nice subdued houndstooth.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:01 PM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post

Seriously though, what about plaid flannel, gray tweed, or a nice small-scaled houndstooth?

Oh yes that would be nice. Houndstooth is awesome.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:08 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Oh yes that would be nice. Houndstooth is awesome.
plus you'd look so intellectual reading a liseuse wrapped in houndstooth. regardless of your actual reading matter.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:10 PM   #10
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I could see a herringbone tweed working well, too. In suitably subdued colours, not some of the garish ones I've seen around.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:19 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I could see a herringbone tweed working well, too. In suitably subdued colours, not some of the garish ones I've seen around.
is that for reading in the country ?
Old 12-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Perhaps a nice leather patch along the binding? That's analogous to an elbow, right?

And what are the chances of getting "Don't Panic" embroidered on the front? In the obligatory large, friendly letters, naturally.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:59 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Perhaps a nice leather patch along the binding? That's analogous to an elbow, right?
very professorial. it will go well with your marital BA.
Quote:
And what are the chances of getting "Don't Panic" embroidered on the front? In the obligatory large, friendly letters, naturally.
yes, you definitely need that !! i bet if the shop won't make it that way we could get dreamer to add that for you. i think she knows how to embroider.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:04 PM   #14
NatCh
Gizmologist

Ehm, that's a Marital B.S. -- as in "I can BS people about books I've never read."
Old 12-16-2008, 06:04 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Ehm, that's a Marital B.S. -- as in "I can BS people about books I've never read."
damned !!! i thought it was too but i wasn't sure.