Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of Dan Brown's books
Five stars - the best of their kind 6 6.74%
Four Stars - good but not good enough to be five stars 19 21.35%
Three Stars - Average 26 29.21%
Two stars - Below average 11 12.36%
One star - Not good 5 5.62%
Zero - To line the bottom of a bird's cage with them wood be an insult to the bird 11 12.36%
The Blue one next to the Fish 11 12.36%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2014, 04:51 PM   #46
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Every MobileRead poll deserves a "The Blue one next to the Fish" option.
I expect to see that option in the future, then....

eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:20 AM   #47
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Digital Fortress may have ruined me, because, being even a little knowledgeable in the field, it was hard to suspend disbelief with all the nonsense he was spewing.
As an IT-guy, I must read it some day.

Maybe I'll have a chance to laugh my socks off
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2014, 09:44 AM   #48
Pangolin
Pangolin
Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 2
I'm basing this on the first few pages of Da Vinci code - aaaaaaarrrrrrGGGghhhhhhh
and I have no probs with medieval pulp fiction, all for an easy read at the end of the day. But that was really, imho (and other people, great it you enjoyed it).... bloody horrendous.

'.... she shouted, angrily.' etc

Hmmmmmmm and I can't get beyond that to even try the others.
Pangolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:29 PM   #49
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I remember Angels and Demons being a great read to me then. And I agree with everyone here saying The Da Vinci Code was over-hyped, but I still do prefer the book than the movie.

I saw his Inferno on my favorite bookshop the other day, and it reminded me to at least be curious of the Robert Langdon's next adventure. Then I keep picturing Tom Hanks.

I think I'll read the book some other time. For now, I'm on to the top priority reads and recs.
Lin2412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:56 PM   #50
jtdolphins
Zealot
jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipod touch, Kindle3
I liked his books up till Lost Symbol. They were fun entertainment, but just average. Digital Fortress being the worst of the bunch. Then I got to Lost Symbol. During the beginning of the book, I couldn't stop thinking I've read this before.

Then Langdon says something like "I feel like I've done this before!"

Closed the book and passed it off to a friend.
jtdolphins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2014, 06:39 AM   #51
tea and loathing
tea and loathing began at the beginning.

Device: Google Nexus 7 2013
I was just remarking to someone the other day that, for someone who dislikes Dan Brown's books, I've sure read a lot of them (all but Inferno, which I abandoned somewhere in the first ten chapters).

His novels are very fast-paced but the writing is atrocious. Still, if you have absolutely nothing else to read...
tea and loathing is offline   Reply With Quote