Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-28-2013, 11:05 PM   #1336
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I've posted another review today.

The review is for Marshall Moore's Bitter Orange. It's an interesting conceptual knowledge, part urban fantasy, part literary drama. It was a little hard to place in some ways.

I didn't find the book overwhelmingly successful, but it had some elements that I enjoyed. The review is here: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/1...marshall-moore
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #1337
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I updated "The Blanket" and "Becoming a Man" with the final versions included in Growing Up Stories

http://mansionsofthemind.blogspot.co...e-blanket.html

http://mansionsofthemind.blogspot.co...us-x-none.html
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #1338
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
...and a new blog post on my Bleeding Edge blog

Artificial Intelligence

Quote:
The first Alien Intelligence we meet may not be from another planet, but from our own computer labs. Many of us walk around with a computer in our pocket capable of listening, parsing, and responding – sometimes even correctly – to our voice. We Google for information by typing in phrases, sentences or disconnected words and the artificial intelligence in Google’s search engine almost always comes back with what we are looking for. These dedicated applications are on the verge of intelligent behavior and could certainly in their domain be called intelligent.

http://kennyachaffin.blogspot.com/20...elligence.html
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:52 PM   #1339
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Science-fiction ebook bundle: Sawyer, Heinlein, Herbert, Haldeman, Anderson, more

The first BookBale.com ebook bundle has gone on sale! The basic bundle includes my Hugo and Nebula Award-nominated STARPLEX, available for the first time ever as an ebook. Also included are five other books by major, award-winning writers.

The bundle is on sale for one month only, until the end of November. Until then you can get the Basic Bundle for any price you'd like to pay (minimum $2.99), and if you pay $10.00 or more, you get two bonus books! All books are in both Mobi (Kindle) and ePub (Kobo, Nook, Sony, etc.) formats, and all are DRM-free!

Basic Bundle (six ebooks; $2.99 minimum):
  • "Climbing Olympus" by Kevin J. Anderson
  • "The Jesus Incident" by Frank Herbert & Bill Ranson
  • "Future Perfect" by Nancy Kress
  • "The Elvenbane" by Mercedes Lackey & Andre Norton
  • "Birthright: The Book of Man" by Mike Resnick
  • "Starplex" by Robert J. Sawyer

Bonus Books (two more ebooks for a total of eight; $10.00 minimum):
  • "The Hemingway Hoax" by Joe Haldeman
  • "Citizen of the Galaxy" by Robert A. Heinlein

This is my first personal venture into novel-length ebook territory (I used to have short stories at Fictionwise), and I'm very excited about it!

http://bookbale.com
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:37 PM   #1340
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
The only one that is not my cup of tea is the Frank Herbert book, so seven ebooks that I will read for $10.00 picked it up. Had been waiting for it to go on-line sense I received the email notice.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #1341
jonaswrites
jonaswrites began at the beginning.

Site about writing and online marketing

Hi,

I just wanted to tell you about my site http://jonaswrites.com which posts articles about writing, talks about the life of an independent author as well as plenty of online marketing advice.

I've been writing and working with online marketing professionally for more than 10 years, so I hope I have some good things to share. On jonaswrites.com you'll also find a free novel and if you join my newsletter list, I'll be sending out writing advice, offers on my books and other good things. And I promise not to spam you.

So please check out jonaswrites.com browse around, read some articles, download my free short story collection. More stuff on the way soon.

Until I see you online, have a nice weekend!

Regards,
Jonas Eriksson
jonaswrites.com
jonaswrites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:06 AM   #1342
Micah Dawson
Micah Dawson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Nook(Windows 8 App) and Kindle(Windows 8 App)
I am the Owner of ChaosReads: The YA Fiction Forum
http://chaosreads.com/

Which is a Young Adult Fiction Fan Forum dedicated to popular(and not-so popular series)

I am always looking for authors who may want to get their books out to there and I love building rapports with the authors.

I always do Detailed, Firm, Fair Reviews and being that it is a forum it allows fans to discuss various aspects of whatever book series they so desire.

I hope you check out ChaosReads and feel free to join in...With the coming Holiday Season we will be doing a lot of giveaways

1. Tablets & E-readers
2. Gift cards to popular Ebook stores
3. Book Giveaways

So come on and join and say Hello<3
http://chaosreads.com/

(I'll be starting a Blog extension called Chaos Nation soon)
Micah Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #1343
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
What's this?? Is it....could it be...oh my god...it is! It's a review!

Psycopathy can be defined as an individual that manifests amoral and anti-social behavior. We typically classify murderers and rapists as psychopaths. So what happens when a cure is discovered? This book by microbiologist Douglas E. Richards delves into that difficult to understand realm and takes you on one interesting ride.

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/the-c...as-e-richards/
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #1344
WalksInShadows
WalksInShadows trips the light fantastic.WalksInShadows trips the light fantastic.WalksInShadows trips the light fantastic.WalksInShadows trips the light fantastic.WalksInShadows trips the light fantastic.WalksInShadows trips the light fantastic.WalksInShadows trips the light fantastic.WalksInShadows trips the light fantastic.WalksInShadows trips the light fantastic.WalksInShadows trips the light fantastic.WalksInShadows trips the light fantastic.

I love writing and consider it my ministry. Check out http://www.drawnear.webs.com to download two FREE Christian ebooks. If you love to read, we are a match made in heaven.
WalksInShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #1345
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
I've posted Chapter 3 of "Liquid" to my blog. It introduces the new character. I'm sure you'll love him. *grin*

Link is in the comments. Enjoy!

http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2013/11/...of-wyvern.html
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:47 AM   #1346
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Haunted Halls volume 5 has hit the shelves! Check out our review of this next to last entry into Glenn J Rolfe's serial novel!

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/flash...glenn-j-rolfe/
Old 11-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #1347
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Less a review than a fannish gush: Hold on to Your Horses by Sandra Tayler.
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #1348
SidneyW
Zealot
SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have a blog post up which feature a text excerpt from my podcast interview with Jim Towns, director of the new film House of Bad. Read it here.
SidneyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #1349
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Ebook pricing $3.99 vs. $4.99

As an Indie Author, I have to figure all that out myself using the information given by other Indie Authors, companies that share any information, my own sales data, and sheer guesswork. Out of those, sheer guesswork has been my primary strategy.

http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2013/11/...99-vs-499.html
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #1350
jhempel24
Wizard

Probably the most sexist Star Wars book I've read, only because this is Leia's Organa's book, and they turned everything she did null and void at the end with the big guy's stepping in:

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/star-...-martha-wells/

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing