Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-28-2015, 07:18 AM   #1
Pauly
Pauly began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle KT2
Neewbee struggling

Hi everyone !

I've been offered a Kindle 7th Gen, nicknamed KT2 here from what I gathered, for Xmas.
I've just started looking around and I was hoping to jailbreak it.
The main goals I want to acheive is getting rid of the ads and being able to feed it files straight from my computer (.pdfs, epubs ..).
Does that sound doable at all ?

I've been reading this page :
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/KT2_Index
But I'm stuck with the instruction "cd to /mnt/us then run jb.sh."

If anyone had a moment to guide me, that'd be amazing.

Paul
Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 08:45 AM   #2
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
Hi everyone !

I've been offered a Kindle 7th Gen, nicknamed KT2 here from what I gathered, for Xmas.
I've just started looking around and I was hoping to jailbreak it.
The main goals I want to acheive is getting rid of the ads and being able to feed it files straight from my computer (.pdfs, epubs ..).
Does that sound doable at all ?

If anyone had a moment to guide me, that'd be amazing.

Paul
The only way to remove the ads is to pay Amazon. Loading files straight from your computer doesn't require any sort of jailbreak--just plug it into your computer and copy the files to the documents directory. PDFs can be read natively, with no conversion, epubs will have to be converted to .mobi or azw3.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:02 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
- - - -
- - - -
That is a command entered on the command line, in this case, the command line of the serial port.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:40 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
thank you very much.
I though I'd mention, I stumble across this video that explains the easiest free way to get rid of ads :
xxxx

I haven't got around doing it yet, but based on the comments it got pretty good results.
You should also read the MobileRead policy statement on ad removal.

We only support the official (pay for removal) at this site.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:53 AM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Moderator Notice

Please do not discuss illicit removal of ads on our site. MobileRead does not condone or provide guidance for circumenting something you agreed (for money) to do.
Also, read the revelant sticky in our main Kindle subforum.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:31 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral

Welcome back.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:06 AM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Welcome back.
In the finest tradition of these subfora, my only current internet-connected device is my KT.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 11:59 AM   #8
Pauly
Pauly began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle KT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You should also read the MobileRead policy statement on ad removal.

We only support the official (pay for removal) at this site.
My bad, it won't happen again
Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote