Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #241
redlob
Connoisseur
redlob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O edition 2, Kobo Libra 2
Yes, that is exactly how I fixed a few titles. But since I have about 300 titles to go I'm looking for some automation.

Something like a "add XX to ALL authors and then strip them again"-plugin.
redlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:12 AM   #242
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlob View Post
Yes, that is exactly how I fixed a few titles. But since I have about 300 titles to go I'm looking for some automation.

Something like a "add XX to ALL authors and then strip them again"-plugin.
Wahhhhh 300 that's a lot. I was whining because I had 30 books or so with the case problem .... anyway sorry for you and good luck
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:38 AM   #243
redlob
Connoisseur
redlob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O edition 2, Kobo Libra 2
Thank you Well, since I'm constantly fiddling with correcting book titles and such I decided to not put much effort in it. If a book cannot be downloaded I'll just try another one
redlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #244
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

As a side note did anybody test the metadata update for EPUB. Can I change the default value for the next release ?
Old 01-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #245
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
An interesting observation:

Running COPS 0.3.0 on Debian Squeeze - Apache 2.16.
Adapted config_local for X-Sendfile but did not install X-Sendfile om my system.

->> Everything works as intended (i think)
- it is possible to browse COPS in a browser
- I can download/read ePubs with ePubreader under Firefox (OSX 10.6.8)
- I can open an OPDS feed in Stanza and Shubook (iPad 3)
- I can download ePubs and read them with Stanza and Shubook

I did not change .htacces or fetch.php.

Does COPS even use X-Sendfile? (I repeat it's not on my system)

re metadate update: did not use it, but system does not crash or something like that when enabled.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #246
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
An interesting observation:

Running COPS 0.3.0 on Debian Squeeze - Apache 2.16.
Adapted config_local for X-Sendfile but did not install X-Sendfile om my system.

->> Everything works as intended (i think)
- it is possible to browse COPS in a browser
- I can download/read ePubs with ePubreader under Firefox (OSX 10.6.8)
- I can open an OPDS feed in Stanza and Shubook (iPad 3)
- I can download ePubs and read them with Stanza and Shubook

I did not change .htacces or fetch.php.

Does COPS even use X-Sendfile? (I repeat it's not on my system)

re metadate update: did not use it, but system does not crash or something like that when enabled.
X-Sendfile is used when your Calibre directory is outside your webdir otherwise it's not necessary.

Is it your case ?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #247
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
If the Calibre directory is inside the webdirectory (almost) all works as intended. (X-Sendfile NOT installed, .htaccess NOT edited for X-Sendfile, config_local.php edited for X-Sendfile)

If the Calibre directory is outside the webdirectory and I link to it with an absolute path (/home/...../Calibre):
- browsing works
- downloading does not work
(X-Sendfile NOT installed, .htaccess NOT edited for X-Sendfile, config_local.php edited for X-Sendfile)

If the Calibre directory is outside the webdirectory, I install X-Sendfile and I link to it with an absolute path (/home/..../Calibre)
- browsing works
- downloading works
- in Stanza small covers are visible, but the cover in the screen with the summary before you can download is NOT visible. Download works fine.
[This is with Debian Squeeze, with Debian Wheezy all works: for both - xsendfile.conf edited for path to absolute directory. Newest version X-Sendfile installed.]

Problems solved:
Debian Squeeze: by making a symlink so that the Calibre directory is inside the COPS directory.
Windows: making an alias to COPS directory outside the webdir. Calibre directory is inside COPS directory.

In previous versions of COPS I saw no (speed) difference between using X-sendfile and "location". I only have relatively small ePub files.

Just my observations. I like COPS!
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #248
vlad59
Addict

@mariosipad

That seems fine & normal with COPS.

In next release, I'll add a way to use PHP to download when Calibre is outside your webdir (to fix downloading with IIS).

Please note that I consider that keeping your Calibre database inside your webdir is insecure : Anybody can try to download your metadata.db / your books directly if all access are not password protected.

About the speed difference with X-SendFile / normal : I used X-SendFile / X-Accel-Redirect just because webserver are better at sending files (it's their job) but with small file (most epub are around 1 Mo) there's no gain.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #249
vlad59
Addict

@all

Following CreaB (nicinuse) pull request about custom columns, I have made several commits on Github to add them in a hopefully clean/reusable way.

As I never used them, I have a question : what do you use them for ?

CreaB used one custom column to add a genre and you ?

Thanks in advance. It will help to better test the code before releasing it.

Last edited by vlad59; 01-19-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #250
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
I don't use OPDS, but in regards to custom columns, they can be used for anything. I've heard of the following types through out the forums here:
  • Last Changed (user controlled Last_Modified equivalent)
  • Complex Series (expanded series sequence: series1, 2 and 3 into a single column)
  • User Ratings (since downloaded ratings have to be in the official ratings column to work, this extra rating is for the reader's rating of the book - allowing comparisons)
  • DRM (ebook has DRM on it y/n)
  • Read (whether user has read the book; could be y/n, date, checkmark, etc)
  • Version Number (for those editing ebooks, keeping track of the version in their library)
  • Purchased From (which ebook retailer they purchased from in case of corrupted files)
  • First Publication Date (date of 1st ever release of a book; helps maintain correct chronological order)
I'm sure that their are many more possibilities but those are the only ones I can recall off the top of my head. I hope the list is of help to you.

Last edited by Sabardeyn; 01-19-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #251
Kevnancy
Kevnancy began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post

In next release, I'll add a way to use PHP to download when Calibre is outside your webdir (to fix downloading with IIS).
I'm waiting this solution because for the moment I am blocked (impossible to download) on IIS

For reminder, my installation path:

COPS path: "Z://serverfolders/Ebook/Calibre Server"
Calibre Path: "Z://serverfolders/Ebook/Calibre"

In config_local.php I have:
Code:
$config['calibre_directory'] = 'Z:/Serverfolders/Ebook/Calibre/';
But when I try to download a ebook, I have an "Erreur HTTP 404.0 - Not Found"

with a problem in the physical access path:

Wanted URL
Code:
http://localhost:8080/Z:/Serverfolders/Ebook/Calibre/Brown,Dan/Anges&demons (1)/Anges&demons - Brown,Dan.epub
physical access path
Code:
Z:\ServerFolders\Ebook\Calibre Server\Z:\Serverfolders\Ebook\Calibre\Brown,Dan\Anges&demons (1)\Anges&demons - Brown,Dan.epub

Last edited by Kevnancy; 01-20-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Kevnancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #252
vlad59
Addict

@Sabardeyn

If I understand you correctly then most custom columns are meant to be just added in the book detail. There's little interest to add other filter by custom columns (like author, serie, tag).

I'll think about that.

@Kevnancy

Have you tried to change fetch.php like I told you ?

if you don't want to change it manually. Can you try to replace your fetch.php by https://raw.github.com/seblucas/cops/master/fetch.php

And edit your config_local.php to update these 2 config items :

Code:
$config['calibre_internal_directory'] = '';
$config['cops_x_accel_redirect'] = "";
Old 01-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #253
jbrnd
jbrnd began at the beginning.

Device: none
Metadata cached?

Hello. I just uploaded some new books to the Calibre directory on the COPS server, but I'm having trouble getting COPS to update the index. Even if I move the Calibre directory out of the way, the list of books is still the same as it was, so the index seems to be cached somewhere. Is there a file I would need to delete to make COPS recreate the index? (In case it matters, the Calibre directory is mounted from another machine over NFS).

Thank you.
jbrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #254
Kevnancy
Kevnancy began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
@Kevnancy

Have you tried to change fetch.php like I told you ?

if you don't want to change it manually. Can you try to replace your fetch.php by https://raw.github.com/seblucas/cops/master/fetch.php

Code:
I tried.... but no change, alway the error 404
Kevnancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:06 AM   #255
vlad59
Addict

@Kevnancy

To avoid any typo Please try to replace your fetch.php by https://raw.github.com/seblucas/cops/master/fetch.php

Code:
@jbrnd

There is no cache in COPS so the only thing I can think of is browser cache but I guess you tried CTRL+F5 many times.

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology