Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
drus90
drus90 began at the beginning.

Device: palm tx
printing out pdf's

Hello,

I am looking for a reader that can also print out pdf's, mostly contracts and regulations.

I would like to be able to print out blank forms for people(actually filling them in would be nice also).

Is this possible with any of the current crop? I am wavering between a netbook a palm tx or an e-reader. An e-reader that prints seems to be what I need, but I want to be sure.

Drus
drus90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Sounds to me like a tablet PC with a portable inkjet is what you're looking for.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 03:54 PM   #3
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
I second that!
Also with the tabletpc get: PDF Annotator, Bluebeam PDF Revu, or Autoink plug-in for Acrobat, to annotate your PDF’s.

Best regards,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
drus90

thanks...Now what tablet?

Hello,
Thanks

Now I am thinking tabletshould have thought of that. I am looking for a small device.

Any suggestions?

I am still thinking of an e-book reader and then printing from my computer. I really like the form factor for the readers. What is a fairly rugged e-book to purchase?

Thanks again

Last edited by drus90; 02-17-2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 02-17-2009, 05:02 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by drus90 View Post
Hello,
Thanks

Now I am thinking tabletshould have thought of that. I am looking for a small device.

Any suggestions?

I am still thinking of an e-book reader and then printing from my computer. I really like the form factor for the readers. What is a fairly rugged e-book to purchase?

Thanks again
I don't think any of the e-ink ebook readers on the market currently will work they way you need.

My understanding is that only the Kindle and the iLiad have any type of screen capture ability and of the 2 only the iLiad allows you to input information directly. You would then have to connect the iLiad to your computer to print out your saved image.

You could buy 2 or 3 netbooks for the price of an iLiad (depending on the netbook chosen). I think a netbook would better suit your needs.

There are no "rugged" ebook readers because they all have a glass substrate which is subject to damage if the reader is not treated well.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2009, 06:47 PM   #6
babygator
babygator began at the beginning.

Device: none
why not just print it from the computer?
babygator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:13 AM   #7
drus90

printing out more

I have thought about tablets, netbooks and notebooks. My theory is(at least for now); that I want to be able to share information with people, such as contracts, forms and regulations, then if there needs to be a hard copy I can print one out. Sometimes I meet with people away from a computer, such as a hallway or cafeteria or wherever and it would be great to be able to reference the materials.

My latest thought is to get an e-book device and also put all the pdf's and such on a flash drive. That way I can use the reader for viewing and since the printer will most likely be attached somehow to a computer already, just plug in my flash drive that is formatted to be read by either windows or mac and print from there what needs to be printed. (knowing full well that the pdf's on the flash have not been modified on the reader)

Maybe?