Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #61
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
As a owner of Sony readers, I shop around to get the best price. I've got 4 or 5 ebook retailers that I use. I'm going to buy Kathy Reichs latest offering. After checking everywhere, I found that Books on Board is 30% cheaper than everyone else, so that's where I'll go.

Also it pays to wait a short while after the release of a best seller as they are often reduced in price from that on publication day. Been caught out a few time with this one.

As regards quality it is improving, but there are far too many typos which wouldn't be allowed in a paper book.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #62
BombayMixx
BombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle
My rule of thumb has always been...from an established author, I would pay up to £10.00 for a paperback, depending on the sample and the size of the book.

For both an established and self published author, I generally don't want to spend more than £3.00 on an eBook, just because I can not justify the reason for the high price for this type of book.

However, if I have paid £3.00 for an eBook and there are problems with the spelling, grammar and overall story, even though it is not a lot of money, I still get annoyed that I paid for something that some one couldn't be bothered to check through before releasing it! (no offence but this is usually with self published authors and I am not slamming anyone as I am also a self published author but I use a proof reader before publishing my work as these little things can destroy a great read!)

OK rant over! lol

PS - If anyone has read any good Chick Lit novels recently, please let me know as I need a decent holiday read for next month and I'm coming up blank at the moment!
BombayMixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #63
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BombayMixx View Post
PS - If anyone has read any good Chick Lit novels recently, please let me know as I need a decent holiday read for next month and I'm coming up blank at the moment!
I liked Lois Greiman Christina McMullen series.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Unzipped-Chr...N%3DB000FCK5S0
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #64
BombayMixx
BombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toysBombayMixx shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I liked Lois Greiman Christina McMullen series.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Unzipped-Chr...N%3DB000FCK5S0
Helen
Thank you for that one Helen.

I will definitely look into it further
BombayMixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #65
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
I can't say I haven't occasionally chosen when to read a given work due to price. Ultimately though it's the experience I'm paying for, because the book collection in my mind can never be discarded, nor my time refunded. I don't think I would do that even if it were possible, since it's all a part of appreciation.

If I suspect the formatting is all jacked up (hello free sample/customer reviews), I'll choose another medium. Rarely do I not have a choice.

tra la la la.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
amazon, chick lit-, e-book, kindle, reading, self published