Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-11-2011, 03:32 AM   #1
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Making a book free on Amazon...

So last year I found an interesting book on archive.org that had been ocred, but nothing else, so it was a pain to actually read. So I cleaned it up, fixed spelling, formatting, and uploaded it here...

Recently I was a little irked to find it being sold on Amazon. Yes, I suppose it's possible that someone cleaned it up themselves just days after I uploaded it here, but...I doubt it.

Anyway, I want to upload it on Amazon and set it to free. But apparently you can't, unless you get them to price match it.

Are there other places that will accept PD books and let you set them to free? That Amazon accepts as a price match?
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
smashwords, feedbooks, diesel, manybooks.net
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Jeremy,

The way to avoid that in the future is to add a small amount of your own text to the book before uploading it here. That way, if some slimeball decides to sell it on Amazon, you can have it pulled for copyright infringement.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:33 AM   #4
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Jeremy,

The way to avoid that in the future is to add a small amount of your own text to the book before uploading it here. That way, if some slimeball decides to sell it on Amazon, you can have it pulled for copyright infringement.
Wouldn't they just remove your "Harry was here" bit before they sell it? If they know enough to get a fixed version from here instead of PG I'm sure that wouldn't be beyond their capabilities.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:02 AM   #5
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
Wouldn't they just remove your "Harry was here" bit before they sell it? If they know enough to get a fixed version from here instead of PG I'm sure that wouldn't be beyond their capabilities.
If you put it somewhere not so obvious, like at the final sentence of the acknowledgments section, it would be less likely to get caught. Still, it's definitely not fool proof.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert