Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-06-2007, 10:56 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Did someone recommend "blah blah.. in the sky" book?

Wasn't there a post about a (maybe sci fi) book recently that was something "in the sky" about maybe some kind of fantasized station in the middle of a river of some sort?

I was so intrigued I put it on my task list to look for it, but didn't mark the thread, so now I can't find it.

Can anyone point me to that post by any chance?
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:05 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The only one I remember was a short story, "Oomphel in the Sky" from a Beam collection posted by Harry in this thread.

I hope this helps.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2007, 11:09 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Unfortunately it's not the one I was looking for. But I did find it because I actually did make a note of the thread. Good thing, because the name was different than I remembered. It's this one...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11103

Bangs, John Kendrick: A House-Boat on the Styx. May 2007

Thanks Roy for the upload!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:54 AM   #4
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Bob. That book is a lot of fun. It isn't Sci fi but it is a nice example of humorist writing from 100 or so. I think he was the Patrick Mcmanus of the turn of the century. The autobiography of Methusaleh is another one of his. Its great.
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:22 PM   #5
wayspooled
Crab In The Dark
wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
Maybe "A Deepness In The Sky" by Vernor Vinge? Won the Hugo award for 2000.
http://www.listsofbests.com/list/50

oops, nevermind. That's what happens when you don't read the whole thread with comprehension

<swipes Houseboat On The Styx too>

Last edited by wayspooled; 08-08-2007 at 09:26 PM.
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2007, 10:02 PM   #6
LaughingVulcan
Technophile
LaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-650 Sony, Nook Simpletouch, more legacy gear than I can remember
"on the styx", "in the sky", "in my pants..."

Same thing...
LaughingVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote