Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #1
ANico
ANico began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 903
Question mount as USB drive

When I connected my PocketBook 903 to my Ubuntu machine for the first time today, I was disappointed that it didn't mount as a USB drive.

How else can I get access to the device's filesystem?

Last edited by ANico; 03-01-2011 at 11:18 AM.
ANico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
I connected my 903 to a laptop that runs Ubuntu and never had any problems. Do you have a card in the device?
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
ANico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
I connected my 903 to a laptop that runs Ubuntu and never had any problems. Do you have a card in the device?
I did have an SD card in the 903 when I plugged it in, but took it out while the device was charging. Should this make any difference?

So you're saying it's supposed to Just Work? Then I'll try on another machine when I get a chance.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANico View Post
I did have an SD card in the 903 when I plugged it in, but took it out while the device was charging. Should this make any difference?

So you're saying it's supposed to Just Work? Then I'll try on another machine when I get a chance.
The 903 has two connection modes, "charging" and "PC connection". The SD card and internal card are only exported for mounting on the computer if the "PC connection" mode is chosen (i.e. when the screen shows that big rotating arrows icon). If you selected charging mode before, you'd never see the card on the computer.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:38 AM   #5
ANico

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
The 903 has two connection modes, "charging" and "PC connection".
Where do I select that mode - I haven't seen any dialog or configuration setting for that. (Will double-check tonight though.)
Advert
Old 03-02-2011, 01:13 AM   #6
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Where do I select that mode - I haven't seen any dialog or configuration setting for that. (Will double-check tonight though.)
Go into the Configuration application on the home page, and there go into Maintenance and then Connectivity. There is "USB Mode", where you can select "Ask when connected". Then, whenever you plug in the USB cable, you select whether it is for mounting the drives ("PC link") or for charging.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:05 AM   #7
ANico

Quote:
Go into the Configuration application on the home page, and there go into Maintenance and then Connectivity. There is "USB Mode", where you can select "Ask when connected". Then, whenever you plug in the USB cable, you select whether it is for mounting the drives ("PC link") or for charging.
This was already set to "Ask when connected" - but there was never any prompt to select the mode. So I just set it to "PC link" - but it's still not being mounted.

I'm on firmware D903.2.0.4.20101221_213659 - a firmware update failed last night (file read error), so I'll have to try again when I get a chance.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #8
m@rcus
m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903
Just one tiny question - Was your PB turned on?
m@rcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:08 PM   #9
ANico

IIRC, it was not turned on - but it turns on automatically when plugged in.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:32 PM   #10
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
IIRC, it was not turned on - but it turns on automatically when plugged in.
Ah, m@rcus figured it out. It seems to automatically go into charge mode when you plug the USB cable into the reader when it is powered off. Try plugging it in when the reader is already powered up.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:23 AM   #11
ANico

Quote:
Ah, m@rcus figured it out. It seems to automatically go into charge mode when you plug the USB cable into the reader when it is powered off. Try plugging it in when the reader is already powered up.
Ah indeed, that worked - thanks a lot!

(FWIW, the firmware update worked as well now.)