Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-01-2009, 12:15 PM   #1
MichaelFStewart
Where tech and story meet
MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelFStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Letterman's Top Ten List for Sarah Palin's Memoir

10. Close curtains so you don't get distracted by Russia
9. Increase vocabulary — use words like "slanket"
8. First buy yourself 100-grand worth of writing outfits
7. Don't write a word until the check clears
6. Limit yourself to one "you betcha" per chapter
5. You can never have enough stories about ice fishing or killing things with your bare hands
4. When in doubt, just type (wink)
3. Don't let writing cut into attending "Fire Letterman" rallies
2. Have a book translated for sale to European countries like London
1. "I'll try to find ya some tips and I'll bring 'em to ya!"

I thought it was hilarious.

MFS
MichaelFStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFStewart View Post
10. Close curtains so you don't get distracted by Russia
9. Increase vocabulary — use words like "slanket"
8. First buy yourself 100-grand worth of writing outfits
7. Don't write a word until the check clears
6. Limit yourself to one "you betcha" per chapter
5. You can never have enough stories about ice fishing or killing things with your bare hands
4. When in doubt, just type (wink)
3. Don't let writing cut into attending "Fire Letterman" rallies
2. Have a book translated for sale to European countries like London
1. "I'll try to find ya some tips and I'll bring 'em to ya!"

I thought it was hilarious.

MFS
Sounds like it was. Too bad Letterman is so stuck on dissing Sarah. Even worse for Letterman is how bad it is that Sarah is so much smarter than he portrays her. But then, this *IS* David Letterman we're talking about.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2009, 02:45 PM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Sarah is so much smarter than he portrays her.
I'm not so sure about that.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #4
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Sounds like it was. Too bad Letterman is so stuck on dissing Sarah. Even worse for Letterman is how bad it is that Sarah is so much smarter than he portrays her. But then, this *IS* David Letterman we're talking about.
She gets a mention once in a while, but considering she basically tried to get the guy sacked, its hardly surprising he takes a shot at some of her stupider antics and its not like the other late night chat show hosts don't also use her stupidity in their monologues too.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:47 PM   #5
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I'm not so sure about that.
She pretty much has to be smarter than she's portrayed since she is vaguely capable of walking and talking at the same time.
Advert
Old 10-01-2009, 04:38 PM   #6
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFStewart View Post
Letterman's Top Ten List for Sarah Palin's Memoir
Are crayons included with each book purchase?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #7
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Even George W. Bush (that's junior) thought she was a poor choice by McCain -- at least according to one of his former speechwriters. Supposedly GW thought she wasn't remotely qualified for the vice presidency.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #8
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Even George W. Bush (that's junior) thought she was a poor choice by McCain -- at least according to one of his former speechwriters. Supposedly GW thought she wasn't remotely qualified for the vice presidency.
I think American politicians get a particularly bad reputation in the UK. George W, for example, is widely considered to be practically an imbecile over here.

If it makes you feel any better, it looks like we'll be getting our own imbecile soon. Looks like a guy called David Cameron will be our next PM. He is basically a puff of hot air in a suit who will make this country a laughing-stock when elected (rant over).
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:12 PM   #9
Crowl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I think American politicians get a particularly bad reputation in the UK. George W, for example, is widely considered to be practically an imbecile over here.
To be fair that is a fairly common belief in the states too.

Quote:
If it makes you feel any better, it looks like we'll be getting our own imbecile soon. Looks like a guy called David Cameron will be our next PM. He is basically a puff of hot air in a suit who will make this country a laughing-stock when elected (rant over).
He's more the tory version of tony blair, makes his party electable by removing anything of substance from his party and taking advantage of the weakness of his opposition. If you want to point out a british politician that is a laughing stock then the obvious one would be the london mayor, boris johnson.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #10
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
I wonder how much Mr. Letterman is laughing this morning.

Karma works not only here in MR, but often in many places you would never expect. Be careful about having a malicious laugh at the expense of another. Life might just turn around and surprise you.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #11
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
According to today's publishing rumors, Palin's autobiography is giving Dan Brown's novel a serious run for preorder kingship.

What I find interesting is how many of the self-righteous speak with forked tongue: do as I want, not as I do. (After all, we did have a budget surplus January 1, 2000, and a record deficit January 1, 2009 -- all while under conservative watch.)

Also, for those who are interested in the power of the right-wing media in the United States, there was an excellent op-ed piece in today's New York Times by David Brooks, a conservative columnist, dissecting the power of the Limbaughs and Becks.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #12
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Quote:
McCain also thought she was a poor choice (he wanted Joe Leiberman). His campaign made a cynical choice to pander to Clinton's female supporters.

I admit that I will read her book if she dishes campaign dirt. Politics is a soap opera to me.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
He's more the tory version of tony blair, makes his party electable by removing anything of substance from his party and taking advantage of the weakness of his opposition. If you want to point out a british politician that is a laughing stock then the obvious one would be the london mayor, boris johnson.
Although my political views are very opposite of Boris's, I like the man. He's not afraid to state unpopular opinions, and isn't a "soundbite" politician. He speaks his mind, and I respect him for that. He comes across as a "real person" rather than an "image".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:31 PM   #14
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
I wonder how much Mr. Letterman is laughing this morning.

Karma works not only here in MR, but often in many places you would never expect. Be careful about having a malicious laugh at the expense of another. Life might just turn around and surprise you.

Ironic isn't it!! You would have thought he and his staff would have found another target after the fiasco of attacking her daughter(s). They way he and others treated her family was disgraceful. If anyone had treated Chelsea Clinton that way, the media would have held them in contempt. I'm not a big Sarah Palin fan, but I don't think any politician's children should be dragged into the fray for any reason.

Quote:
<SNIP>
What I find interesting is how many of the self-righteous speak with forked tongue: do as I want, not as I do. (After all, we did have a budget surplus January 1, 2000, and a record deficit January 1, 2009 -- all while under conservative watch.)

Also, for those who are interested in the power of the right-wing media in the United States, there was an excellent op-ed piece in today's New York Times by David Brooks, a conservative columnist, dissecting the power of the Limbaughs and Becks.
The same can be said for the other side of the aisle, as well. Self-righteousness knows no political affiliation. As a staunch Independent, it's frustrating to be bombarded with vitriol from both ends of the political spectrum.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #15
Crowl
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Although my political views are very opposite of Boris's, I like the man. He's not afraid to state unpopular opinions, and isn't a "soundbite" politician. He speaks his mind, and I respect him for that. He comes across as a "real person" rather than an "image".
I think its more that he isn't competent enough to get soundbites right.

He does seem like a decent guy, but then again thats how gw got elected in the states and we all know how that worked out.

Tags
funny, letterman, palin