Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #181
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Boo! Hiss! I checked my tracking info on USPS's website. The zip code listed is for the next town over!
stickybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #182
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickybuns View Post
Boo! Hiss! I checked my tracking info on USPS's website. The zip code listed is for the next town over!
Call Kindle Support. Something has gone wrong with your order.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #183
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
There is a lot of difference to me. Having the more yellow tint does help with the clarity of the screen. It is very hard to tell from the pictures that have been taken that I have seen. It is a lot better in person. Hard to describe, but if you get a chance to see one in person, I think that would help a lot.
Thanks I am waiting for more pics that close up so far people have taken them too far away.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:20 PM   #184
wlsinwi
Enthusiast
wlsinwi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Touch and Paperwhite1 and 2
Mine has been sitting at the local Post Office since 9AM and they won't get off their butts and deliver it until after noon tomorrow. Thanks Fed Ex,
wlsinwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #185
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Call Kindle Support. Something has gone wrong with your order.
It arrived about an hour ago.

And this is par for the course with the local post office. Last month I ordered some knitting supplies that spent a couple of weeks in Detroit before finally entering California. And then spent another week ping ponging between the distribution center and "out for delivery."

I'm somewhat disappointed as there is a "dead pixel" (not sure what you call it on an e-ink device) in one corner of the screen. I'm debating whether to exchange it or ignore it. I only noticed it because it showed up as a white spec on the kindle hillside during boot-up.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:33 AM   #186
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
It arrived about an hour ago.

And this is par for the course with the local post office. Last month I ordered some knitting supplies that spent a couple of weeks in Detroit before finally entering California. And then spent another week ping ponging between the distribution center and "out for delivery."

I'm somewhat disappointed as there is a "dead pixel" (not sure what you call it on an e-ink device) in one corner of the screen. I'm debating whether to exchange it or ignore it. I only noticed it because it showed up as a white spec on the kindle hillside during boot-up.
Ah yes the the stuck pixel we call it. even thought its not really a pixel. It's up to you if it doesn't bother while reading then I wouldn't worry about it but if it does then exchange it.

It seems both the pinholes and stuck pixel issue have not been resolved. Bad Amazon! At least the color blobs are gone though I never had any, others suffered various forms of it.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #187
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Well Don Quixote really likes his new paper white 2, what do the rest of you think of them?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:52 AM   #188
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
My PW 2013 is the best eReader I've ever seen. I pity the poor folk listening to all these pinhole and stuck pixel reports and choosing not to buy it.

Some of those folks may actually be going back to print books with fonts forcing a new pair of glasses.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #189
stickybuns
Evangelist

Quote:
Ah yes the the stuck pixel we call it. even thought its not really a pixel. It's up to you if it doesn't bother while reading then I wouldn't worry about it but if it does then exchange it.

It seems both the pinholes and stuck pixel issue have not been resolved. Bad Amazon! At least the color blobs are gone though I never had any, others suffered various forms of it.
I will probably keep it.

I read for an hour on it last night, and pretty much forgot the defect was there. I can find it if I intentionally look for it (or with a solid black background), but it doesn't interfere with the text in any way.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #190
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I will probably keep it.

I read for an hour on it last night, and pretty much forgot the defect was there. I can find it if I intentionally look for it (or with a solid black background), but it doesn't interfere with the text in any way.
Just make sure you are happy. If not Amazon will exchange it. I got a good PW1 on the first try while many others did not. However when the K4 first came out I got a bad one and kept the replacement. I was never happy with it. It would take a year before the K4B came out and I bought that to replace that I was finally happy. I love my K4B its contrasts is superior to any unlit reader I have seen. My PW1 contrast is okay as long I use my own font but I am very happy with it.

If I get a PW2 I am going to wait till the third batch is out at least. I did that last time with PW1 and got a really good one except it does have two tiny pin holes but you only can see them if you go looking for them and they do not interfere at all with my reading.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:42 AM   #191
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I haven't been on here since late Monday when I reported an Amazon or Lasership snafu. The next morning the tracking updated and it was out for delivery and Lasership delivered at 2pm Tuesday.

It came with the purple paperwhite cover and another weighty item in a box (those items were on a separate order from last week).

I'm happy with my PW2. I still like my basic 2012 basic kindle ($69 one). Nice having the light though!
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #192
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Well Don Quixote really likes his new paper white 2, what do the rest of you think of them?
I received one that had faint pink and green background and some other problems, and got a replacement that is very yellow, and has some sparkling dust particles between the screens. On first impulse, I am inclined to say that it causes more eye strain than my PW1, because the contrast between the definitely not black font and yellow background is not as good as on my blotchy PW1 even, but I am trying to read a bit in the low light settings I would usually do it in, to determine whether to keep the second one, or send them both back for now, and maybe try again in a few months or wait for the PW3.

I like that is feels faster than my PW1, though I am not sure how much of it is due to the fact that my PW1 has hundreds of books on it.

Last edited by xendula; 10-06-2013 at 10:35 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #193
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Thanks I am waiting for more pics that close up so far people have taken them too far away.
I tried to do close-ups but it's really hard to get them without the camera automatically adjusting the white balance, sorry :s
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #194
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I received one that had faint pink and green background and some other problems, and got a replacement that is very yellow, and has some sparkling dust oarticles between the screens. On first impulse, I am inclined to say that it causes more eye strain than my PW1, because the contrast between the definitely not black font and yellow background is not as good as on my blotchy PW1 even, but I am trying to read a but in the low light settings I would usually do it in, to determine whether to keep the second one, or send them both back for now, and maybe try again in a few months or wait for the PW3.

I like that is feels faster than my PW1, though I am not sure how much of it is due to the fact that my PW1 has hundreds of books on it.
That's how I felt about my PW2's, xendula. They actually hurt my eyes because the contrast just wasn't as good as my PW1. The screen was so yellow and the text lighter than on on my PW1. Even though I didn't see colors on them, it was actually a worse experience reading for me.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote