Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 02:31 PM   #16
Gameboy213
Connoisseur
Gameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2 , Kindle Oasis 2018
Take a look at this:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66524

Shows you what it looks like on the device. Not bad at all and moving around in it is pretty good too.
Gameboy213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:18 PM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameboy213 View Post
I get them from Calibre as well but it is just a few articles really. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy it but it is far from the full paper.

I am looking for the PressDisplay application which I use on my Mac and Blackberry to be put on a device (Rex has it I think). That is what I want. FULL articles.

If the sony news offering will be like the kindle I would never pay $15 a month for it.
Actually I just finished an improved WSJ recipe for calibre that uses the Today's newspaper to build a complete download. See attached.
Attached Files
File Type: epub wsj.epub (873.6 KB, 205 views)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 04:28 PM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Wow! That looks great Kovid!

I just loaded it on my 505 and am reading.

Is that for the WSJ subscription version or free version?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It requires the wsj subscription
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:42 PM   #20
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thanks!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #21
Spectrum
Zealot
Spectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enoughSpectrum will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad 1 and iPad 4, KF HD 8.9"
9 or 10 inch would be my preference and will wait till then.
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:02 PM   #22
Erina
Erina began at the beginning.

Device: None
I see that Newspapers Direct do Australian papers - Does anyone know of popular magazines being delivered in the same manner? Not necessarily Australian - would like a subscription to Inside Sport for example and also New Scientist.
Thx
Erina is offline   Reply With Quote