Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 07:49 AM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Calibre not recognising a Sony PRS505

Hi

I have been using Calibre with my Sony PRS505 since August, I have loaded 100's of books and love the software. I now have a problem where my reader is not recognised. I have raised a defect ticket but to be honest I don't know if its Calibre or my reader.

I have even unistalled and reinstalled Calibre and its still not recognised. The fact that I have attached an external device is recognised by my PC and my Adobe photoshop pics up the three pictures that come preinstalled on the device but Calibre itself doesn't show the reader so I can't load anything new.

The reader is working fine.

Has anyone else had this problem or has any ideas what could be wrong?

I did think of testing my reader with the original software that comes with the machine (although I REALLY don't want to use that) and loaded a book it in okay, but when my reader was attached I can't see it anywhere on the screen and have no idea what 'drag the book into the source where the reader is located' means.

Thanks

Last edited by Josieb1; 12-07-2009 at 07:53 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:58 AM   #2
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
If your 505 is recognized correctly by your computer, you should be able to see it as an external disk in explorer. Is that the case, or does it just recognize a usb connection?
Normally, if you load the ebook library software, the reader is recognized automatically and shown on the panel on the left. If you can't see it, it's not recognized.
I had a similar problem with my 600, which was simply solved (after a bit of silly panicking) with a reset. I hope that helps.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 08:08 AM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Thanks for your reply.

This has happened after a reset, as my device froze on Saturday morning. If its recognised then the words 'Sony Pocket Device' are displayed in a pop up ballon on my PC (on my task bar), when its not recognised the words are not displayed.

If it is recognised the device is showing in the white bar on calibre, next to Library, but if its not recognised then no device is shown.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote