Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-24-2013, 12:45 AM   #1
Martin77
Martin77 began at the beginning.

Device: IPad 2
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 32] Broken pipe

I'm getting this message every time Calibre 1.4.0 starts off. I have been running Calibre for some time with no problems until now. It seemed to start with the last upgrade or the current (1.4.0) one.

Any suggestions appreciated....

Running on iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, Mac OS 10.8.4

Martin

calibre, version 1.4.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 32] Broken pipe

calibre 1.4 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-12.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '12.4.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 12.4.0: Wed May 1 17:57:12 PDT 2013; root:xnu-2050.24.15~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.5
OSX: ('10.8.4', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/auto_add.py", line 198, in add_to_db
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/library/models.py", line 303, in add_books
File "site-packages/calibre/db/legacy.py", line 218, in add_books
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 1379, in add_books
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 1215, in add_format
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 69, in run_import_plugins
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 158, in _run_filetype_plugins
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 69, in write
IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
Martin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:13 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Go to preferences->plugins and uninstall/disable whatever drm removal plugin you have installed. That error is happening in a drm removal removal.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2015, 08:42 AM   #3
TWHanson1
Enthusiast
TWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Go to preferences->plugins and uninstall/disable whatever drm removal plugin you have installed. That error is happening in a drm removal removal.
I frequently get this 'unhandled exception' error too. I do not have a DRM removal plugin. The only plugins enabled is the Overdrive link: (1.30.0) by jhowell. What else could be causing this error?
TWHanson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 07:50 AM   #4
stoduk
stoduk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kindle Paperwhite V2
re. Broken Pipe issues without DRM plugin:

I don't know if it is relevant, but in developing a plugin on OS X I've hit this Broken Pipe error. In my case the plugin (or a library it used) was being too verbose and this caused some overflow and hence the exception.

Look at the calibre job's logs or your console logs to see if anything is being too verbose - if it is then try making it more terse (or ask the plugin developer perhaps) and see if that helps.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&goto=newpost
stoduk is offline   Reply With Quote