Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #35221
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Aw, how cute.
I had a few cats when I was a child and they would stop, look both ways, and then cross the road. I don't know if they learned this from me, as they always followed me, but it was fantastic to see that the mother cats would teach their babies the same thing. They would swat the kittens quite hard if they dared to move before it was safe to cross.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:16 AM   #35222
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Woohoo, my new Kindle has just arrived! I saw the UPS van parked on the other side of the inner city when I went to the hardware store and had to exercise great restraint not to ask the driver if he had my Kindle. When I got back it was already delivered. It's now charging and in 1 hour and 45 minutes, when I get off work I can set it up and load it with books. I've decided to call it Tyrion because it's so much smaller and lighter than my Kindle Keyboard.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:47 AM   #35223
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Enjoy!
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #35224
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Enjoy!
I haven't even read anything on it but I already like it. The screen is clearer than my KK (it's got a greenish tint, my KK was more reddish) and the fonts are darker. I love that it's smaller and light, which is partly because I have a Oberon case around my KK and my K4 has Amazon's case. I'm not too sure how long Amazon's case will last, I don't like it that there isn't any way to keep it closed in my bag. I might decide to order an Oberon case for my new Kindle, even if it adds weight and is bigger.

I'm now waiting for it to get through indexing so I can take it off the charger. Just 29 books to go now.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:34 AM   #35225
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I got a sleeve for my K3. I am bummed that Oberon discounted those because I really like them.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #35226
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Rumpelteazer - It finally arrived! Have fun with your new Kindle.

Right now I am sorting papers for taxes, so I don't have as much to do later when the mess of the tax system is decided.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #35227
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Today I entered the third set of withholding tables .... that superseded the tables published yesterday ... that superseded the tables from 2012 ....

It's like being trapped in a Twilight Zone episode!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #35228
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
You're traveling through another dimension, a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. A dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Twilight Zone!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #35229
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
You're traveling through another dimension, a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. A dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Twilight Zone!

Stitchawl
Well ... all this idiotic tinkering with the payroll tax tables has allowed me to reach the summit of frustration!

Dum dum da dum!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #35230
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Well ... all this idiotic tinkering with the payroll tax tables has allowed me to reach the summit of frustration!

Dum dum da dum!

Could be worse... Could be 'Dum da dum dummm...'

Stitchawl
Old 01-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #35231
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Don't you mean 'Dum da dum dummm, dummmmm...'?

*Which I believe has already happened*
Old 01-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #35232
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Hey! Are you calling me a dum dum? I'm telling on you!
[where's a mod when you need one? Oh, that's right - dreams has murdered all of them]
Old 01-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #35233
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Don't you mean 'Dum da dum dummm, dummmmm...'?

*Which I believe has already happened*
I can 'see' the hand with the hammer coming down....

Stitchawl
Old 01-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #35234
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Hey! Are you calling me a dum dum? I'm telling on you!
[where's a mod when you need one? Oh, that's right - dreams has murdered all of them]
[I for one approve of this murderous rampage. Surely all problems can be solved with a murderous rampage.]
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #35235
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
[I for one approve of this murderous rampage. Surely all problems can be solved with a murderous rampage.]
Could I interest you in a "guest" role in the Mystery?

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?