Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-12-2009, 05:17 AM   #1
Lec0mte
Lec0mte began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
File management: how to copy file from USB stick?

Does anybody know how to copy a file from a USB stick to the iLiad internal memory or the MMC card?
Lec0mte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
andreas h
andreas h began at the beginning.

I think there is no way to do this in the user interface.

If you have installed the command shell then you could use it to copy files. But if you not know how to use the shell then you should not do so (and maybe brick your iLiad).
andreas h is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
As andreas says, there's no way "out of the box" to copy files between memory locations. The easiest way is to put the files on your PC, and then connect the iLiad. Then drag/drop the files to the iLiad's internal memory.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:32 AM   #4
Lec0mte
Lec0mte began at the beginning.

I know how to do it via the PC but that's still tedious and not usefull if you don't have a PC round. I'll go find and try the shell then.

Thanks
Lec0mte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:39 AM   #5
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
If you want to install third party software (like the command shell), I think there are also file managers available that may be easier to use for this than the shell. I haven't tried them though, so I don't know how well they work. I'm pretty sure the wiki has some listed.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2009, 07:19 AM   #6
Atom_
Enthusiast
Atom_ began at the beginning.

I use EmelFM2. It's not the fastest thing to work with in the iLliad but it serves its purpose quite good.

Follow the links at the wiki.
Atom_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iliad file management