Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you female or male?
female 80 42.55%
male 97 51.60%
both 2 1.06%
none 0 0%
Does the blue one next to the fish have a gender? 9 4.79%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2009, 08:55 AM   #1
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Female or male? That is the question!

Last night I started a poll in the German forum to find out how many female users we have. I was wondering if there´s really a huge majority of men or if there are lots of female lurkers who are not posting (yet).

I´d like to ask the same question here: Are you female or male?
Ladies, we have a pronounced goal. Let´s beat the men! So vote!!!!

Please wait for the poll...
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:01 AM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I is a girl
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 09:06 AM   #3
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I'm a chap - and mightily relieved to be one after reading some of the other recent threads.

But it seems most people are happy to be the gender they are - one case of the grass always being greener on your own side of the fence.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:07 AM   #4
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I is a girl
Me too And it looks good for us so far: 66,66 % women, 33,33% men. I´m thinking about closing the thread right now
Old 03-28-2009, 09:08 AM   #5
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Me too And it looks good for us so far: 66,66 % women, 33,33% men. I´m thinking about closing the thread right now
I'm not complaining.
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 09:09 AM   #6
ravenne
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I'm a chap - and mightily relieved to be one after reading some of the other recent threads.

But it seems most people are happy to be the gender they are - one case of the grass always being greener on your own side of the fence.

The chap brought us down to 25%.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:12 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I'm not complaining.

(i is a girl too.)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:16 AM   #8
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I iz a gender next to a fish.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Serious question: why does it matter? Do your plumbing arrangements affect how you read?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:38 AM   #10
ravenne
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I iz a gender next to a fish.
Don´t forget to let Adrian vote. He´s a girl, isn´t he, oops, she?
Old 03-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #11
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Serious question: why does it matter? Do your plumbing arrangements affect how you read?
well, i'm not sure that it *matters* per se, however i think it's interesting to see the percentage of women frequenting this forum since there is a stereotype that women are less interested in / capable with technology (which this forum, at least, would tend to argue against). i also think it's interesting that this particular tech seems to appeal quite a lot to people who might not have much interest in gadgets / tech in general. i wonder whether it's a sign of liseuses becoming more mainstream, which i believe they definitely are, or perhaps there are other factors to take into account. i do think it's an interesting question.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:40 AM   #12
Sparrow
Wizard

Quote:
I think they affect what you read don't they?

Romance - female. SF - male. To make a couple of wildly extravagant generalisations.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:46 AM   #13
ravenne
Wizard

Quote:
Serious question: why does it matter?
It doesn´t matter at all. There are very few women in the German forum (probably because of only a few female reading device users in Germany so far). And I think we have a lot of women in the international fora, but I have no idea if there´s still a real majority of men. It´s just interesting to find out and to compare the results.

Quote:
Do your plumbing arrangements affect how you read?
That´s a real good question! We should think about a poll
Old 03-28-2009, 09:50 AM   #14
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I wanted to vote for Germany, was tempted to vote for the blue one next to the fish, but ended up voting male if there is going to be a competition between the boys and the girls.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:39 AM   #15
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
The males have taken the lead
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote